New Space Wolves Codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Space Wolves Codex

Hey, just want to see what we would like done to the new space wolves codex, heres my points:

Keep the Leman Russ Exterminator in!! ((It makes the army so unique)as well as reduce point value and allow LC sponsons)
    Upgrade Iron Priest to Tech Priest
    Increase points on Blood Claws(bikes and infantry) by 2-4 points

Well, these are my main things that I would like to see/keep, how about you guys,
    What will you like to see in the new 'dex?

Last edited by lord0chaos; November 11th, 2007 at 09:35.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want them to have better speed. Either in the form of overcharged rhinos or more bikers. Also, long-fangs with some meat-shields would be nice.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The over charged Rhinos would be neat, as the only thing overcharged is Forge World Chimeras.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Overcharged Rhinos is a Blood Angels thing.

I'd like to see Bjorn, and some more venerable Venerable Dreadnoughts.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would love to see blood claws have a point in a game the 2 attacks on the charge is not enough and is not reflected in the points cost they really just dont cut it in a combat as the fluff describes and when you get to bloodclaws on bikes and jump packs the whole thing is farcical normal marines are cheaper in points with jump packs and if they are on bikes for an extra 2 points you can get a normal biker with ws4 bs 4 just seems to me though when they are on foot they always get shot to bits before they even strike a blow an expensive buisness when you have them tooled up to try and kill chaos space marines and their leaders love the wolfguard leaders though 14 claws
    and a leader running out of a land raider crusader is i think the only way to go still thats alot of points worth of armor to keep them safe let alone actual cost in £.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by starer View Post
    i would love to see blood claws have a point in a game the 2 attacks on the charge is not enough and is not reflected in the points cost they really just dont cut it in a combat as the fluff describes and when you get to bloodclaws on bikes and jump packs the whole thing is farcical normal marines are cheaper in points with jump packs and if they are on bikes for an extra 2 points you can get a normal biker with ws4 bs 4 just seems to me though when they are on foot they always get shot to bits before they even strike a blow an expensive buisness when you have them tooled up to try and kill chaos space marines and their leaders love the wolfguard leaders though 14 claws
    and a leader running out of a land raider crusader is i think the only way to go still thats alot of points worth of armor to keep them safe let alone actual cost in £.
    Oh my good lord... please, in the future use some paragraphs to seperate your ideas, and some punctuation. I honestly can barely read that post. My eyes are bleeding. Bleeding!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by lord0chaos View Post
    Hey, just want to see what we would like done to the new space wolves codex, heres my points:

Keep the Leman Russ Exterminator in!! ((It makes the army so unique)as well as reduce point value and allow LC sponsons)
    Upgrade Iron Priest to Tech Priest
    Increase points on Blood Claws(bikes and infantry) by 2-4 points

Well, these are my main things that I would like to see/keep, how about you guys,
    What will you like to see in the new 'dex?
    Exterminators are anti infantry. No need for lascannons. If anything increase its cost as it is a Battle tank for marines (who shouldnt have access to them)
    What do you mean upgrade? Whats wrong with the Iron Priest?
    I cant remember how much blood claws are.. though I'd guess cheaper or less than a marine
    I can't see a unit with 3 special weapons (+ wolf guards special weapon) and +2 atks on charge, and the ability to have a unit size bigger than standard marines having any problem on the field of battle. I know they are forced to charge (except if they have WG) and have a slightly lower WS and BS, but that only means they are easier to hit, they still have a viscous charge!

They should probably get a pts increase, but then grey hunters would need an increase.
    Long fangs are fine as they are, no need for a meat shield. It forces you to be more careful with them.

They should not have Overcharged engines. Thats a BA thing

As it stands, they are already a good army.
    Stream lining the wolf guard and new powers for their rune priests, change in weapon costs and maybe the option to take 0-1 squad of wulfen would be all thats really required.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree about the long fang thing. Too often I will kill two of them, and my opponent will fail his morale, sending these guys back, effectively taking them out of the game, because when they move back, they have to wait an entire turn before they can shoot.

Space Marines don't need battle tanks because they have devastator squads, which are more powerful and more survivable, but space wolf long fangs have much less survivability than normal devastators, thus the leman russ. I just wish you could take the battle cannon on one per army. That would be really cool.

That, and let assault squads take bikes. You would have powerful, bike equipped squads that are more than 5 men a squad.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

PAw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*activates Fanboi filter*
    *turns fanboi filter to 100%*

i will SLAP YOU
    Iron priest arn't silly Ultramarine Tech marines they just need the current upgrades from the latest SM dex.

what We need are
    Iron priests
    Iron priest adepts(maybe)
    Rune priests
    Rune priest adept
    Wolf priests
    Wolf priest adepts
    to fit in with the SM dex.
    Wolfguard battle leader and Wolf lord would gain Rites of battle(Rites of the Wolf maybe)

maybe more Options for a Venerable Dready? for better leading armies?

i wouldnt mind a Great company "Trait system" allowing for more unique Battle companies. say for Blackmane company would get some sort of trait to better help with Drop pods? as they are more famous for drop pods? a Trait system for the SW? but not cheesey.
    also it would allow SW players to play their Great companies how they wished.

This is a SW Fanboi Signing out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope they keep the Leman Russ as well. That's kind of like the Space Wolves' thing.
    "When Space Wolves call upon Russ or the Emperor in battle, it is to witness the deeds of Men and to judge The Fallen."
    - Meditations upon the Fang

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast