Building a Chapter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Building a Chapter

lately I've been wanting to build my own chapter. I've got
    4 chapter masters
    1 chaplain
    2 Apoth.
    31 terms
    30 scouts with sniper rifles some m/l
    5 landspeeders all assault cannons
    6 attack bikes
    6 plasma cannons
    24 marines
    3 dreads
    2 rhinos
    1 whirlwind
    10 assault marines
    1 full command squad

1 space marine codex
    1 dark
    1 black

Comming soon
    1 Librarian
    3 Techmarines

trying to base this on the Soul Drinker chapter ( Great book and yes i know the Soul Drinkers follow Dorn )
    using dark angel codex so far
    once i sell all my necrons I'll buy 3 landraiders and 12 bikes

Q: can you please make some kind of list with these models use any of the 3 codex's I've got.

Q2: what more do i need, to have about 1/3 of a chapter

thx for reading

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can do a lysander list. Essentially, you take two scout squads (not snipers), give them teleport homers, infiltrate them and use the teleport homers to deep strike your terminators, which will be the rest of your list. Lysander of the Imperial Fists allows all your terminators to deep strike at once, and the homers take the risk out of it. Necessary components of this list can all be found in the basic SM codex.

thats a lot of stuff, and a lot of stuff can be made out of it, but I'm stopping with my suggested lists there.

In terms of what you should get, get basic space marines. nothing in a space marine players army is as valuable as a simple marine. You have more terminators than basic marines. You have more scouts than marines. Thats just not right, its the basic space marine thats the backbone of your army. Terminators are too expensive and scouts too fragile, and sniper scouts are too specialized, to make an effective backbone to an army.

I have about 60 marines with bolters (not counting 2 lascannons, 6 missile launchers, 4 heavy bolters, 4 plasma guns and 4 melta guns, about 8 powerfist/pistols, 4 power weapon/pistols, an apothecary, a standard bearer, and 5 CCwep/pistol marines) with that as the core of my army, i can make regular space marines fill any role and do it well, efficiently, cheaply compared to terminators, and with a great amount of survivability.

I also have 20 assault marines, because my non-jump packed marines can fill tactical or devastator roles but not fast attack roles. Assault marines are more efficient than bikes in terms of assault (2 attacks base and 10 fewer points per model)
    fear the smurfs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

So i'm half way through the 2nd book in the Soul Drinkers series and from what I know so far they are a complete drop pod army.

I was thinking of using the BA codex (though I don't know what the Imperial Fists traits are like) to do something like it, getting Assault Squads and losing the jump packs for the free drop pod.

So lots of assault squads without jump packs, hardly any heavy weapons, lead by a Librarian and they are completely assault / droppod orientated.
    Also dont forget Tellos who in my book should have dual lightning claws modelled as just two big blades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thor_aX View Post
    lately I've been wanting to build my own chapter. I've got
    4 chapter masters -need one more
    1 chaplain - not sure on this i think its one per company isnt it
    2 Apoth. - again not sure
    31 terms - can be any number as not every chapter has a company of termies
    30 scouts with sniper rifles some m/l - 70 more
    5 landspeeders all assault cannons
    6 attack bikes
    6 plasma cannons - need 94 more
    24 marines - need 576 more
    3 dreads - again its an unspecified number
    2 rhinos - going by six per tac squad - got awhile to there as well
    1 whirlwind - unspecified
    10 assault marines - 90 more to fill out with bikes and speeders
    1 full command squad - 8 more

1 space marine codex
    1 dark
    1 black

Comming soon
    1 Librarian
    3 Techmarines

trying to base this on the Soul Drinker chapter ( Great book and yes i know the Soul Drinkers follow Dorn )
    using dark angel codex so far
    once i sell all my necrons I'll buy 3 landraiders and 12 bikes

Q: can you please make some kind of list with these models use any of the 3 codex's I've got.

Q2: what more do i need, to have about 1/3 of a chapter

thx for reading
    thats just a rough idea - its not entirely accurate i dont think merely to give you an idea (its too early to work it out completely il do it at work if im bored lol)

your quite awhile away from even a third of a chapter, though basing it off the soul drinkers means they have quite an array of assualt marines and tactical but precious few heavy support and Termies - fluff wise anyway. There is no set chart for them i dont think

And as far as i know you cant mix chapters. (not including taking two FOC as allies)

i think what ive added is right going by a strict codex which if i remember correctly is 1 termie company, 1 scout company, 1 assualt company, 1 devastar company, 2 battle companies and 5 tactical companies
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

+ Reply to Thread