Inquisitor in Mech a WH army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inquisitor in Mech a WH army?

I'm strongly considering playing a mech WH army and I'm wondering how to effectively fit an Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord into the list? After reading through the codex a bunch of times, I can see why most people go with the jumpy canoness, which I may use as well. But to give my army some character I want to avoid just having a pure SoB (I already have pure GK haha) and I think that either the Inquisitor/ Inquisitor Lord could be cool to have.

Also what are some good tactics for the inquisitor in a mech list?
    and can psychic powers (like Hammer of the Witches) that don't require LoS be used by a character while they are mounted in a vehicle?

40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

I've done it two ways. One is to take a solo elite inquisitor and have him ride with some celestians who don't take up their entire transport. This is for when he's just there to unlock assassins and you want the points cost to be minimal. On the downside he starts the game all alone in escalation.

The second thing I do is take a mini-dev/firebase Inquisitor Lord.. e.g., three heavy bolter servitors, some acolytes for ablative wounds, maybe a plasma cannon and two sages instead if I'm feeling rich, etc. You can then buy them a Chimera and just use it as a light battle tank with no one inside if deployment permits.

In general Psychic powers cannot be used from inside a transport. Only those powers that count as shooting attacks (e.g., Scourging) can be used in the usual way if the vehicle has fire points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you're doing a Mech army why don't you get an =I= and then get a Land Raider?
    "When Space Wolves call upon Russ or the Emperor in battle, it is to witness the deeds of Men and to judge The Fallen."
    - Meditations upon the Fang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Bluebird View Post
    Well if you're doing a Mech army why don't you get an =I= and then get a Land Raider?
    people mainly dont do this because it's so expensive points wise for a transport set to gun for the enemy lines(thats if you wanna get your inquisitor into combat).

+ Reply to Thread