Leman Question. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leman Question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leman Question.

My Emperors fist box is due this week. Every image of a completed leman russ I have seen has a hull laser cannon, does the kit come with enough H bolters to put all 3 on each russ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Sadly, there's no heavy bolter for the hull mounted weapon in a Leman Russ kit. I cut and filed away the lascannon and put he half of a infantry heavy weapon heavy bolter in it's place though, works just aswell if you've got the bits to spare.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

Thanks...

Grrrrr.. GW makes me so made some times....

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by russellt View Post
    Thanks...

Grrrrr.. GW makes me so made some times....

Yeah, I agree with the sentiment. But on the other hand, it kinda promotes conversion, where people will try and make models that aren't made officially, and eventually, those same people might try their hand at something completely new. So in that way, its a good thing.

But as for the leman russ, yeah, I found that kinda annoying too.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike it too, I'm starting to want my armies to be WYSIWYG. Kinda hard too when ever tank has a hull lascannon and I only take a hull lascannon on my demolisher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

Yeah GW does do most things half ass backwards but we still buy their products, ask the people at the hobby store you're buying from if they have any spare bitz behind the counter and the chances are they will and will throw you a heavy bolter piece for free. WEll at least thats how its goes at my hobby store.:C

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

That's the best

I like it when the staff get with it. There have been a couple of occassions in the last few months when I have spent quite a lot of money and the Games Workshop staff have been really helpful. It never takes much to really impress me but boy does it guarantee that I will come back and spend some more money.

I have bought three 3000 point armies in the last three months and so it makes a bit of financial sense for the manager to throw in some glue every now and again to keep me happy.

I still think that the bits box of doom that seems to exist at every store is the greatest source for these helpful treasures, especially since they ultimately have high value for the customer and no value for the store which would otherwise only throw them away. And please don't give me the "follow up sale thing" who every buys a GW boxed set for a single component to use in a conversion?

Isn't that what Ebay and freecycle are for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see what the problem is folks....my emperor fist box came with everything for each tank as if I would have bought each tank individually. There on the sprues is three heavy bolter for each tank (30 total) as well as the lascannons for each one.
    Where the heck did all them guardsmen come from?

Great Wolf! Is that the howl of the 13th?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I don't have my emperors box yet. I hope you're right as all my lemans will be 3 bolter jobs.
    I find the las cannon to expensive by comparison and the ordinance cannon has the same armor pen as a las cannon anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ mackdawg
    May I see a picture of your sprues? I got three tanks from a joined company box and they are all the standard Russ sprue: 1 hull lascannon, 2 sponson bolters.

Fortunately I have enough parts left from my Thunderer, Atlas and Destroyer kits to use their sponson bolters (they can't have them) for hull conversions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast