Ratlings! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Ratlings!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm well, as the title says I guess ...

How good are ratling snipers? Are they worth their points value? Are they good in battle?

I'm thinking about adding a unit of them into my IG army, but first I wouldn't mind hearing what others think.

Tips, advice and feedback appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think they are, but i only really include them because it goes with my theme. they are quite good at stopping an attack, though if they are not in cover u got a good hundred points wasted (wich is not that much neway)...

i like them tho, but i would never use the models, they are repellent. i just use normal guardsmen, they are cooler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use ratlings, part of the theme for my army. And the image of frodo and sam pinning the ringwraiths at weathertop always cracks me up.
    Some people use ratlings as shields or mudpits, and I'm disgusted by them.
    Ratlings can infiltrate, wich gives them a deployment advantage, and the mass fire of sniper rifles takes down any big grubbly in your way. My 5-hobbit ratling squad has a greater demon, a couple of taloses, two demon princes, an ork warlord, and a necron destroyer lord under their belts. They are the bane of high toughness models everywhere, combine their pinning capability with mortars and bassies, and you have a deadly combo. Ratlings all the way!
    I kill two dwarves in the morning, I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel allright. I kill two dwarves in time of peace, and two in time of war. I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more.

Goblin kroozade of revengyness: win:19 draw:10 loss:9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

I must concur with Kraken. In a long ago roadshow that I was taking part in, I saw a couple of ratlings take down the ork equivalent of a heavy weapons team, whatever the name is. They had been obstinately defending a bridge so well that five leman russes lay on the road to it, around about a third of our total.

Most encouraging.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oohhh tell me more! tell me more!

I like the sound of these guys, I want some. I don't like the actual "ratling" models though. It would be cool to field other models as them though yes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people use deatworld snipers or cadian snipers and field them as ratlings. I still prefer the hobbits with guns though
    I kill two dwarves in the morning, I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel allright. I kill two dwarves in time of peace, and two in time of war. I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more.

Goblin kroozade of revengyness: win:19 draw:10 loss:9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good to know i know a sculptor, hes tryin to make an alternative. anyway, for now i use guardsmen in a squad with mass rifles, kinda fun..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love ratling squads for blowing away the occassional, impudent bloodthirster.

Haven't had a chance to get a c'tan in my sights yet tho.

Closed Thread