Inducting some IG for Apocalypse - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inducting some IG for Apocalypse

I have my first ever Apocalypse game coming up and as I dont own nearly enough miniatures for a full 3000pt DH force a friend of mine is willing to lend me some guard for the day. My question is however, what would you recommend I take guard-wise to work well with my daemonhunters?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

To modify a Matrix quote, "We need lascannons. Lots of lascannons."

To expound a little bit, taking infantry and/or armoured fist platoons are your best bet, methinks. Having the Infantry Platoons to hold objectives and provide long-range Anti-Tank fire seems like a good thing with all those scary vehicles running around. The Armoured Fists can give you a speedier unit than our ordinary Knights to claim objectives, as well as a light tank to cause trouble.

Aside from that, having the long-range fire support that the Basi and Russ can provide is never a bad thing, and fills the GKs' lack of low AP weaponry quite nicely. If he has any Leman Russ Demolishers, it might be worth a laugh taking Flank March with those =D.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically, we can't take bassies with inducted guard. We can only take a Leman Russ. I tend to take one infantry platoon and one armored fist squad, then backing them up with a Russ. If you have some more points to burn (a rare thing with Daemonhunters) a sentinel or two can add some more ranged power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor_Tolheim View Post
    Technically, we can't take bassies with inducted guard. We can only take a Leman Russ. I tend to take one infantry platoon and one armored fist squad, then backing them up with a Russ. If you have some more points to burn (a rare thing with Daemonhunters) a sentinel or two can add some more ranged power.
    Since he's playing Apocalypse, he's not bound by the Induction rules. So, technically, he can take whatever he wants =).

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doh! Curse you reading for comprehension!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armoured Company helps to fill the holes usually associated with DH (read AT).
    Also, plenty of Armoured Fists Squads in Chimeras is great for Objective grabbing and holding.
    I also take 38 GKT, which is a whole lot of fun. Assassins are great for clearing out Enemy - held Buildings as well.
    Apocalypse is FUN.

p.s. I'm working on a WH Baneblade Company at the moment. One is ready, a Hellhammer.
    BB's are ridiculously good in Apoc.

+ Reply to Thread