Allies for Radicals? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allies for Radicals?

Who do you think works the best as allies for Radical DH armies? I'm thinking of building one and adding Blood Angels for a cheapish assault boost since they can take Assault Marines as troops or maybe White Scars for some fast fire power?

What do you all normally take/suggest?

Last edited by RocketRollRebel; November 16th, 2007 at 11:52.
    40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you have the right idea. Since you've already lost access to the Grey Knights, it isn't costing you anything to induct/ally with Space Marines. If you're looking for a fluffy match up, the Relictors (Daemon weapon wielding loyalist space marines) are a common choice and great fun with the induction of a house rule or two. Information on the Relictors can be found here.
    Last edited by Inquisitor_Tolheim; November 16th, 2007 at 15:18. Reason: Made link easier to locate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link! I'm liking the fluff behind them. It would fit in great for a radicals army. Now would you use specific traits to represent them like "Faithful Unto Death" as a drawback to represent the fact that there are only a few hundred of them left. But what for a trait advantage? maybe "No mercy, No Respite"? Also for using a daemon weapon. Would you just put one on a librarian (or would a commander be more appropriate?) using the CSM rules?
    40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Sadly though, you wont be inducting those White Scars, Relicars, or Blood Angles.

To be able to use those chapters, all you can do is ALLY with DH.

If you use DH as your main list, and induct SM, you can only induct vanilla SM.

Those are your only two choices.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Well I think thats fine enough, radical DH don't have many options anyways so might as well have them be the allies, in anything under 1500 it should be a fair balance, anything more an things can get skewed towards the marines thought.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    To be able to use those chapters, all you can do is ALLY with DH.

If you use DH as your main list, and induct SM, you can only induct vanilla SM.
    Goblin's spot-on on this one. That being said, the only thing you lose access to are Heavy Support choices from the DH when you use them as allies. And since you play Radical, you already couldn't take LRs, Dreads, or Purgation squads. The only thing you actually lose out on is the O-Strike and, while it's certainly cool, it's hardly a game-breaking thing not having one =).

So, go ahead and make yourself a cheap Blood Angels list (in my opinion they're the most chaos-y SM chapter that's represented in the main rules), toss in an Inquisitor Lord, a unit of Daemonhosts, possibly some ISTs if you're a fan, and you're good to go! you could even model them as Relictors, and have them 'count as' Blood Angels rules-wise.

Cheers,

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goblin's spot-on on this one. That being said, the only thing you lose access to are Heavy Support choices from the DH when you use them as allies. And since you play Radical, you already couldn't take LRs, Dreads, or Purgation squads. The only thing you actually lose out on is the O-Strike and, while it's certainly cool, it's hardly a game-breaking thing not having one =).
    My thought exactly. Sorry, I tend to just assume that anyone playing as radical will run them as allies, since the options for a radical Daemonhunter force are practically nil.

As for the Relictors, As long as you ok it with the group you play with, a single vanilla (non-god specific) Daemon Weapon from the Chaos Codex (current edition) gives a fun flavor to the army. As for traits, there are several setups that could work, so just go with whatever you like thematically. "Faithful Unto Death" would be a great one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replys! I was starting to think that making a small SM force and adding some of my DH to it would be the best way to go. Gives me an excuse to build a cheap and unique SM army! :party2:
    40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

+ Reply to Thread