Need help fighting 1,500 points of nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help fighting 1,500 points of nurgle

Hi ive been having trouble fighting this army for a while now (its 7-0 to him) and was wondering if any1 could give me some tips or advice on what i should be focusing on. his army is roughly as follows

2 greater deamons of nurgle
    both have wings

7 nurgle marines(toughness 5, feel no pain)
    2 meltaguns
    rhino, extra armour, smoke launchers
    aspiring champion with power fist

2 meltaguns

2 meltaguns
    aspiring champion with power weapon

2 oblitarators

5 infaltrators (forgot their proper name basiclly the scouts)#
    meltagun

nurgle deamon

any help would be greatful thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by viruk View Post
    Hi ive been having trouble fighting this army for a while now (its 7-0 to him) and was wondering if any1 could give me some tips or advice on what i should be focusing on. his army is roughly as follows

both have wings

2 meltaguns

2 meltaguns

2 meltaguns

2 oblitarators

meltagun

nurgle deamon

- Blow his transports to pieces. pump them full of krak missles, destroying his mobility will screw his army. It looks like he really depends on it. This can be achieved by either
    A. taking a few dreds with las cannon/ Missle launchers, B. filling your tact squads with missle launchers.
    B. taking devistator squads for of las cannons missle launchers or what ever els.
    C. take a few landspeeders with Assualt cannons these would also be effective against the marines them selves with the rendering.
    D get a few cheap tanks.

Id personally go with one of the first 3.

As far as his marines go. try a demolisher or 2. ordances that instant kills and gives no save because of its low ap. only down side is its rather short range.

you could also try terminator assault squads with lightning claws,

Thats all i got.
    I have no faith in humanity what so ever....

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Sometimes speaking the truth is heresy. In which case, you must burn. ;)

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by viruk View Post

both have wings

2 meltaguns

2 meltaguns

2 meltaguns

2 oblitarators

meltagun

nurgle deamon

Well, for the most part he's relying on his Rhinos to cross the battlefield and engage in short-ranged firefights with you which he'll often win because of his higher toughness, Feel No Pain and ability to take more special weapons than you can.

The best way to counter these types of things is to stay outside of 12" of him come his shooting phase. The best way to do this is to use units like Devastators who can engage him from a long way away, or things like Assault Squads which can get into combat where they can't be shot.

As for the Daemon Princes and Greater Daemon, the best thing I can suggest is either a Librarian with a Familiar and jump pack so you can attempt to force weapon them, or Daemonhunter Allies. Grey Knight Terminators with psycannons would go a long way toward dealing with the Daemonic portions of his list as well as taking huge chunks out of his army by devastating units of Plague Marines in combat - just watch out for those Blight Grenades.

If you could post which Traits you're using (if any) it would make things a lot easier on us, and in turn, you.

Hope that helped a bit,

Katie D

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Katie and gingerfish gave some good advice. A few more things: As a rhino user, I can tell you that losing transports in mid field utterly decimates my tactics. You can then go fishing in a barrel, as they say, slowly weeding away the plague marines. Also, remember that a missile launcher treats plague marines just like any other basic marine: i.e., 2+ to wound, and the plague marines doesn't get the FNP on weapons that double their base toughness, which is 4 (modified to a 5). I've had Nurgle players try and tell me that their plague marines are instant killed with only weapons of 10S, but that's a load of horse poop. Base strength = 4, and so, they're instant killed on anything 8S and greater (ergo, no FNP).

Second, his greater daemon can be kept at bay, simply by destroying his rhinos early on. Your opponent must summon the greater daemon through on of his plague aspiring champions; and so, if you shut down the rhino mid-field, the greater daemon cannot charge directly into c.c. after being summoned. Also, remember that the greater daemon only has a movement of 6, so take advantage of his slow nature. Finally, just to note, the daemon prince CANNOT act as a summoner for the greater daemon- just plain illegal.

The two daemon princes will be a handful, but also remember that they'll only take down 2-3 marines each round. If you have a large c.c. squad with a fisting sergeant, then you *can* take down a prince in two rounds of c.c. (yours and your opponents), especially if you soften it up first.

Here's your list of priority targets:

1- rhinos (all three) & thus also the greater daemon by default.
    2- daemon princes
    3- obliterators

It would be very nice to kill those oblits early on. They have a base 4T (modified to 5T) with a 2/5+ save. A las cannon will instant kill them and get them out of the way in a hurry. However, I wouldn't shoot at an obliterator, if you have the option of killing a prince or destroying a rhino.

Finally, make sure you're not spreading your firepower too thin through the enemy's lines. Once you start firing at something be sure to kill it. You don't want a prince to be lingering about the table, all because you left it with a single wound. Of course, don't over invest in a single unit either. Balance, eh? In general, your opponent's list is fairly stout against basic bolters. However, you can do a number on him by using lots of heavy and special weapons.

Best of luck. I play Nurgle fairly extensively, so I know the 'inns and outs.' Feel free to message me with any questions, even if you're in the middle of a game. I'm usually on Librarium onling. :happy:
    Last edited by Katie Drake; November 26th, 2007 at 06:34.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread