regarding Honour Your Wargear.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regarding Honour Your Wargear....

ok, i was planning to make my chapter a Minor Divergence one, with the drawback being Death Before Dishonour. now, as you can guess, my pro was going to be Honour your Wargear. well, it says that Devastators taken as Elites MUST take infiltrate (good). well, in apocalypse, since theres not charts.....
    does it make this null and void? or does it mean that i can take all of my squads as "elites", so that all of my devastator squads can infiltrate? (preferred)
    any information would be welcome, ty in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Why not just take See But Don't Be Seen instead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, this may seem to be placing RP before functionality. basically, i tihnk See but dont be Seen is under the Sombre and Couragous traits. im playing my chapter as a Dutiful chapter. besides, i have a habit of making my marines waaaay to expensive, giving them every upgrade i can get. last thing i need to do is make them more expensive by giving line marines infiltrate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

If you were playing Apocalypse with these traits, I don't think that giving all your Devs infiltrate would be a problem.

Tekore

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by theironlegion View Post
    well, this may seem to be placing RP before functionality. basically, i tihnk See but dont be Seen is under the Sombre and Couragous traits. im playing my chapter as a Dutiful chapter. besides, i have a habit of making my marines waaaay to expensive, giving them every upgrade i can get. last thing i need to do is make them more expensive by giving line marines infiltrate
    Nothing wrong with fluff before functionality, but it is one route you could go. I'm not sure how to approach the problem from the angle of Apocalypse, though; See But Don't Be Seen would be easiest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekore View Post
    If you were playing Apocalypse with these traits, I don't think that giving all your Devs infiltrate would be a problem.

Tekore
    Agreed. Just calling them all elites does the trick.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Mind, Infiltration works differently in Apocalypse. You only get to do it if you deploy second, in which case you -shoot- second.

Given the wide potential area you have for setting up in apocalypse, might be better to go for the tank hunters option on them over the infiltrate option.

But yes, we divergant chapters fall upstairs in apoc. My two flaws basically evaporate in Apocalypse...

While my Reconcilers have Eye to Eye and Death before Dishonor, I can just grab Dark Angels land speeders and bikes, and the game goes off of a time limit.

Course in the grand scheme of things, some of our traits don't really work or contribute as much to use in apocalypse...where we can have multiple command units, multiple apothecaries, a huge set up area, no force org (and thus as many bikes, dreadnoughts, land raiders as we like), and an infiltration unfriendly environment. Whereas ones that give squads weird upgrades (like cleanse and purify, purity above all else, trust your battle brothers, and that one what gives assault marines furious charge), are a lot more useful in a world where 30pts doesn't really mean as much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

You could alternatively give them tank hunters...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since there is no infiltrate deployment phase in Apocalypse there seems to be no point in focusing on infiltration.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

Twin-Linked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix1776 View Post
    Since there is no infiltrate deployment phase in Apocalypse there seems to be no point in focusing on infiltration.
    Technically you can infiltrate, but the way deployment is handled (no man's land, huge tracts of land, etc), and the fact you can only do it if you're putting your stuff out second (and therefore going second), really makes it not worth it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast