Black Templars Apoc Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Templars Apoc Army

Well Gentlemen and Ladies,

I am in a bit of a pickle as I have purchased the battle company of space marines my goal is to begin forming my crusade army for apoc unfortunately I am alittle stuck as to how I want to go about doing this I know I still need scouts I have two boxes of masters of the chapter and two boxes of terminators one crusader landraider and five extra assault marines I am not sure how many rhinos i want to use basically my question is can you guys help me formulate at least a basic structure to black templars crusade force. I know I need to aquire more black templars upgrade sprues but I was also hoping to convert some of the higher ups with green stuff. any and all help is appreciated

skid

Okay here is what I have
    1 Battle Company
    1 land Raider Crusader
    2 boxes of the Masters of the chapter
    1 terminator box (shooty)
    1 terminator box (assaulty)
    2 black templar upgrade boxes

my main question is with all of this stuff where do I go from here? How do I set up my army? I am not looking for shooty templars in the least but I have 9 rhinos (battle company) I like assauly marines but are bikes better? My main goal is to have a fluffy BT force for apoc I just need some help in fleshing out ideas for conversions and people to bounce ideas off of

Last edited by Skidman; December 2nd, 2007 at 23:02. Reason: not understandable in previous format

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you have two boxes of masters of the chapter?

What you basically need to buy is close combat weapon arms for the marines and scouts. The company box was probably not the wisest choice, because a twenty man crusade squad will not fit in a rhino and they can move almost as fast(and are probably tougher than a rhino) the only thing you will need after this is some support vehicles try going to thewarstore.com and using battlewagon bits to buy turrets and sponsons to convert some of the rhinos into predators. it will cost about 20 dollars apiece to convert the rhinos to predators and 10 dollars minimum to convert them to vindicators.

Hope this Helps
    My armies are studly!
    W/D/L
    Empire 25/1/2
    chaos 8/0/2
    Hyrulian Knights 7/3/1

Take the fight to them
    Have faith is suspician

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply

i have two of the masters of the chapters because of a mistake on GW's part they sent me two

Yeah I have thouht about converting some of the rhinos into predators and vincdicators...

I was planning on going with the 20 man crusader squads but I was of maybe putting a couple of smaller shooty squads into rhinos does anyone have any opinions on this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Templars are not meant for shooty, especially at apoc. levels. Here, take as many units as you can, run them behind a wall of rhinos/in the rhinos, and hit the enemy quickly. You also want some dreads and predators, as well as a line breaker squadron, for your firesuport.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

+ Reply to Thread