rule clarifications - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

rule clarifications

ok i hear alot about people using the eviscerators on their sisters but doesnt that make them strike last since it is basically a power fist? i would be afraid that i wouldnt get to use it before the sister got knocked off.

secondly, with the faith giving AP1 im kinda confused a bit. the other day i was running through a mock battle and i fired a squad with this faith at a Land Raider (since it has a high armor, i wanted to see how easy or hard it would be to kill). then i got to thinking, technically the bolter itself would not be able to get up high enough to do any damage but the AP1 on a role of 6 means it is an automatic penetration correct? so technically a laspistol that roles a 6 could possibly destroy a land raider.

but on the other hand the exorcist needs to role a 6 in general to be able to penetrate the armor. am i correct with my assumptions on how the faith works or am i jacked up

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no that is not how it works if you have read the rules you would see that it is not rending it is Armour penetration value which make any glancing hits penetrating unless it is a skimmer moving fast
    THAT'S JAKOB WITH A 'K'!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

As stated above - AP1 turns a glance into penetrating hit, or regular wound into a power-weapon wound...

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scave View Post
    ok i hear alot about people using the eviscerators on their sisters but doesnt that make them strike last since it is basically a power fist? i would be afraid that i wouldnt get to use it before the sister got knocked off.
    Its more like a chainfist. The extra D6 really makes a difference when attacking vehicles.

Eviscerators are best on squad leaders whose squad is likely to see combat. It gives you a good chance of actually wounding something in combat and can be useful on tank hunter squads (like inferno pistol seraphim)
    Also the initiative doesn't matter that much because
    a)You will probably have other squad members that you can kill off first before the eviscerator-equipped model starts having to take hits + you have power armor
    b)The majority of opponents that SoBs would fear in assault would be difficult to wound without an eviscerator and would strike before the sisters anyways
    c)Lets face it, the alternative of S3 power weapons sucks, even if they do strike at initiative

Generally for SoB heroines, a blessed weapon is better for the first one, and then if you take a second give her an eviscerator.

secondly, with the faith giving AP1 im kinda confused a bit. the other day i was running through a mock battle and i fired a squad with this faith at a Land Raider (since it has a high armor, i wanted to see how easy or hard it would be to kill). then i got to thinking, technically the bolter itself would not be able to get up high enough to do any damage but the AP1 on a role of 6 means it is an automatic penetration correct? so technically a laspistol that roles a 6 could possibly destroy a land raider.
    See the other posts.

but on the other hand the exorcist needs to role a 6 in general to be able to penetrate the armor. am i correct with my assumptions on how the faith works or am i jacked up
    Only for AV14 vehicles.
    Otherwise if it shot at a Predator's front armor, normally with S8 you need 6's to punch through, but with AP1 you only need 5's (assuming the target isn't obscured or used smoke)
    Last edited by qsd; December 5th, 2007 at 07:24.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

As an aside, Divine Guidance affects 'rolls which cause a wound.' It does nothing when firing at a vehicle.

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Hmm, you're right. Better edit that out
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Just to add on top of what has been said, you can also give the whole squad +2 strength via acts of faith. You rely on power armour to protect yourself at this stage unforunately but it increases the chances of wounding heavy infantry and dealing damage to vehicles. The bonus of this is you do have the chance of instant killing a character, say for example a Terminator Lord, though unlikely the chances are there + dreadnoughts will be wary of assaulting sisters.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

+ Reply to Thread