Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I was thinking of having my Grey Knights ally with another army but I am unsure which to take to make up for GK's shortcomings.
I was thinking of allyinh with a Witchhunter force but I'm not sure if that would help out my GKs or not seeing as I don't know that much about them.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Which Hunters are a real good choice. Most of the time we use the Seraphim for anti-armour duties. Where we are good at both melee and shooting the sisters are are great at shooting. The rhino rush can be used at great effect if done right. The other DH players can help you better.
Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.
I second WH, and this way you are still staying with the Inquisition Theme, which I personally like. IG are great for Apocalypse though, alongside DH.
Witch Hunter units I like to use are -
8 strong Seraphim Squads with the VSS having an Eviscerator and a BoSL, and either 2 Inferno Pistols or 2 Dual Hand Flamers in the Squad, depending if you want them for anti Tank or anti Infantry duties.
Canoness with a Jump Pack, Blessed Weapon, and Inferno Pistol, Cloak, BoSL, and Mantle.
2 Squads of 8 SoB in Rhinos, and either the Flamer / Heavy Flamer combo, or the Flamer / Meltagun combo. SS with a BoSL.
Celestians can be a Retinue for the Canoness, or take 6 and stick in an Immolator with t'l Heavy Flamers.
EA and Smoke on all the Vehicles.
I find they are a great addition and help DH with their fast elements.
There will definitely be others coming along who will be a greater help to you I'm sure.
Witch Hunters I think are the best choice for allies for us, and heres why:
There are also the other elements of the WH that could benfit Grey Knights alot if you really wanted them:
- Stays true to the Inquisition theme (even if they do suspect each other of heresy)
- The Seraphim are AWESOME anti-tank and anti-infantry, I personally love equipping them with hand flamers, and the VSS with a Brazier, and then burn infantry with AP1 flamers (and then if I get the chance charge a few tanks for a fist load of melta bombs)
- Sisters squads work very well with IST, especially when mounted in Rhinos for that ever-so-loved Rhino rush - and they can be made to specialise against infantry or tank with either Meltaguns, Flamers, or Storm Bolters (though flamers are the best for me)
- Sister Repentias are very CC orientated, and are ace at taking out tanks of many varities, and infantry are pretty dead when in combat with them (and they stay with the " omg Im ridiculously over priced for what I do ")
- Arco-Flagulants are another CC choice, with D6 power weapon attacks each, they will munch the first enemy unit they get into combat with
- Celestians are another faithfull unit, there special rule of Hatred towards everything makes you think they are CC orientated, which in way is true if you beef out the VSS somewhat
I personally prefer Witch Hunters over any other allies for Daemonhunters, though IG are a very viable choice if you want more heavy weapons and lots of bodies on the table
Im of to lectures now, Ill post more when I get back
The Inquisition - 38-2-3
Tomb Kings - 1-1-1
Grey Company Elves - 16-1-3
Saurons Force of the Black - 8-1-3
It's better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven
I am putting together a Daemonhunter allied with Witch Hunter 1500 point list.
It can be found in the army lists under the thread
Daemonhunters with Witch Hunters Allies 1500 points by Dinodeanpostcat.
So far postings have indicated that it is a fairly good list.
I hope it might be able to help you.
there is the option of guardsmen or imperial guard and take a few squads maked with lascannons and maybe a sentinel squadron with lascannons and also you can get the leman russ but generally i think withhunters have richer options to choose from but daemonhunters generally need more high strength ap weapons, i have guard but i usually ally my daemonhunters to the guard rather than the other way round.
space marines is a choice but i dont think your allowed marines and grey knights together.
ohyeah and guard are very cheap