Help me design a Sisters of Battle Superheavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x3)

Help me design a Sisters of Battle Superheavy

Okay, so I've got so many extra sisters bits lying around after assembling 4 Rhinos and 3 Exorcists (I used Immolator Boxes) that it seemed like a great excuse to build myself a superheavy for My Order of Balefire so that I have something suitably cool to field in Apocalypse games..

Because I'd be basically using VDR rules for this, I need to be careful in the design so that people won't veto it, so I'm looking for all the help you guys can give me on this.

Okay, I remember reading in white dwarf years ago that the way sisters of Battle fight on the epic scale is with something called war cathedrals. Basically, large cathedrals on tank tracks. (If I'm wrong about that, let me know)

So, using that concept, I should be able to get some suitably large tank tracks from some kids toy, then buy a couple of boxes of COD buildings, and build up a suitably impressive looking machine. (If I use the tracks I've got in mind, it'll end up being much larger then a baneblade)

In addition, it needs to represent the holy trinity of Sisters weapons, bolter, flamer, and melta, so I want to limit myself to those weapons. I'm thinking that a War Cathedral would be used for city cleansing, so really big guns feel inappropriate as they would level a city. Instead, it needs weapons to depopulate a heretical city while leaving it mostly intact for shipfulls of faithful and worthy citizens to be brought in afterwards to take their place.

So, here's what I am thinking:

Sisters of Battle War Cathedral
    Speed: Lumbering
    Front Armor: 14 Side Armor: 14 Rear Armor: 13
    Structure Points: 4
    Weapons: 4 turrets on left side with twin-linked heavy bolters, 4 turrets on right side with twin-linked heavy bolters, 2 turrets in front with twin-linked heavy flamers, and 2 turrets on top with twin-linked multi-meltas.

Let me know what you guys think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

What is the benefit of a twin-linked template weapon ?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

I thought a twin linked template let you re-roll failed wounds instead of to hit.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I think it sounds great
    A super heavy sister...he he he...
    I am a bit concerned though, about the number of guns. I know you want that limitation, and I fully understand it, but a super heavy really should have something more. I am not familiar with the Appocalypse-rules but is there not the Hellhammer with a Superheavy flamer of some sort?
    If there is, I think you should make use of it somehow. The "superness" of your tank kind of depends on it. Can't say I can see the reason for four Structure points to guard a few plain guns - this behemoth needs something more.
    On the Cathedral-idea, it's great and I love it. I do however think this would benefit from a fluffier approach. How about giving it some kind of Faith-bonus. A Cathedral is after all like the faithiest place around, right?
    So, IMHO, add some faith and a huge gun, then keep us updated on this fantastic project of yours.

PS. better make use of some CoD-buildin-bits too, they'd fit right in DS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Sajiisde View Post
    I thought a twin linked template let you re-roll failed wounds instead of to hit.
    Yes, twin-linked template weapons re-roll to wound rolls.

I am a bit concerned though, about the number of guns.
    If it puts your mid at ease at all, this is actually over-priced and under-gunned compared to the baneblade. A Baneblade, for 600 points, can have 5 twin-linked heavy Bolters, 4 lascannons, and two huge freaking cannons that use templates so large they can cover three squads at once.

Can't say I can see the reason for four Structure points to guard a few plain guns - this behemoth needs something more.
    Well, the structure points aren't there to guard the guns, they are there because it's a huge stone building on treads.

How about giving it some kind of Faith-bonus. A Cathedral is after all like the faithiest place around, right?
    I think that is a great idea! Should it add faith to the faith pool, or provide some kind of fiath bonus, like re-rolling faith point tests?

PS. better make use of some CoD-buildin-bits too, they'd fit right in DS.
    Oh yeah, I'm gonna buy a couple of COD chapel buildings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Sajiisde View Post
    I think that this is a special rule for the Immolator only...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

235 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokWawelski View Post
    It's on page 31 of the rule book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

235 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokWawelski View Post
    It's on page 31 of the rule book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if youve seen this before but bluetable did something a while ago using a landraider as the basis. Might give you a few modeling ideas.

http://www.bluetablepainting.com/vie...view=&offset=0

Also I second the faith points idea, its very fitting. ;Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

255 (x6)

I think instead of twin-linked heavy flamers you should use the apocalyspe flame template, that would be sweet. Your points seem right on for what it does, perhaps even a little too expensive.

I made something similar a few months ago, and used in my local shop regularly for apocalypse games until I got too busy. I should really finish it one of these days, as the basic structure is built, but it lacks the details and weapons.

Make sure it is big enough, they are supposed to be massive lumbering buildings. Min is 12 inches tall 12 inches long, and 8 inches across. If you can't find any tank treads from toys you can buy plasticard strips, cut them, and then glue them to a piece of wood. It takes a long time to get the large square dowels rounded off on both sides, but it is fairly cheap and quite sturdy.

My concept was a little more destructive, with a souped-up exorcist launcher on top.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast