How do you paint your Blood angel Vets?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

How do you paint your Blood angel Vets??

I'm painting my Blood Angels and am wondering how you all differentiates your Vets from your assault troopers.

I'm wanting to paint my army to their true colours... Tatical helmets Red, Assault - yellow etc but I'm not sure how people differentiates the vets from the norms.

Thanks for all your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Harvey View Post
    I'm painting my Blood Angels and am wondering how you all differentiates your Vets from your assault troopers.

I'm wanting to paint my army to their true colours... Tatical helmets Red, Assault - yellow etc but I'm not sure how people differentiates the vets from the norms.

Thanks for all your help.
    Don't Vets have black left shoulderpads with the Chapter symbol in yellow, or is this just Vet Sgts? If it is just Vet Sgts then you can transpose the colours and have a red Chapter symbol on a black shoulderpad. And if Vets have terminator honours (I'm afraid I can't remember if they do because I never use Vets) then you can do the terminator honours shoulderpad on the right. I'm pretty sure all of this is in the old published Codex.

You might also want to consider painting your Devastator helmets a very dark midnight blue, almost black. It looks a whole lot better than the brighter blue normally seen, which looks totally out of place to me. But that could just be me, of course ... ... ...

Sorry I can't be more definitive.

~ Ravenscraig ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just paint them like normal assault marines, except black shoulder pads with red trim instead of the other way around. I then put a white skull transfer on the model's right shoulder pad, indicating that they are from the first company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Being veterans, I like to think they should be paintedas ornately as possible. I use lots of gold filigrees and trophy bits.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Ravenscraig View Post
    Don't Vets have black left shoulderpads with the Chapter symbol in yellow, or is this just Vet Sgts? If it is just Vet Sgts then you can transpose the colours and have a red Chapter symbol on a black shoulderpad. And if Vets have terminator honours (I'm afraid I can't remember if they do because I never use Vets) then you can do the terminator honours shoulderpad on the right. I'm pretty sure all of this is in the old published Codex.

You might also want to consider painting your Devastator helmets a very dark midnight blue, almost black. It looks a whole lot better than the brighter blue normally seen, which looks totally out of place to me. But that could just be me, of course ... ... ...

Sorry I can't be more definitive.

~ Ravenscraig ~
    I always thought the black left shoulder was the sign for the marine serving time for the deathwatch (Xeno hunters etc).. Is this the case?

I like the idea of the gold bit etc but like something a bit more to seperate the different models from afar.

Thanks for all the ideas btw... keep them coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

White helmets look good. And more ornate armour/weapons - blue/green power weapons, gold/black riveted armour or cloaks.

+ Reply to Thread