Black Templars: Boltguns or Bolt Pistols? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Black Templars: Boltguns or Bolt Pistols?

I used to be an eldar player (Saim-Hann - all those speedy, shooty jetbikes), but after I sold my army at the behest of my *now* ex-wife, I've decided to start up a black templars army. I think they're awfully bad-ace. However, I am having trouble wrapping my head around space marines in general. For one, they're so awfully slow. I'm used to *every* model in my army moving up to 24".

My roommate suggested rhinos culminating in a "bolter drill." That seems to imply taking boltguns, but I feel like that is not very Templar. These kids seem more bp&ccw-oriented. So, what do you old-templar-types play? Bolters? Bolt pisols and chainswords? Or some mix?

Help me, or I will sell my handful of templar models on e-bay and start rebuilding my eldar jetbike army and go back to killing marines...*wink*

2. Remove Advertisements

Worcester, MA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

84 (x2)

If you are going to go with rhinos, then I would run the squads inside of them with bolters mostly. It's basically the same idea as a more fragile drop pod: get out and blast away.

However, I would consider the advantages that the BTs have. Namely RZ. We can potentially move faster than a rhino given the right equipment (chaplain w/3 CS). I've found that I can almost always charge by the 3rd turn when I get shot at. Then I need the extra attacks in CC.

Personally, I run a footslogging list, getting into combat ASAP. This means for me I need to have as many attacks as possible in CC. However, where I to run a mech list, I would run mostly bolters to maximize the impact of my firing when I get out of the rhino because I was relying on shooting to do most of the damage. It really depends on your list, and the role each unit is going to play in it.

Perhaps testing out a list on here to see what we say about it?

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

+ Reply to Thread