Help with CF - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with CF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with CF

So i have some questions about the Crimson Fists.

1. What icons do they use? I know the black templar use skulls and crosses so what do CF use?

2. So they have the Enemy trait thing for orks. does that mean that i am only benefited when i am playing orks and other wise i still have the disadvantage but NOT the advantage???

Thanks a ton

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

ok,
    1. it is that exactly, a Crimson Fist, like the Imperial fist icon, but crimson.

2. Yep, you only get the advantage against orks but the disadvantage is always there.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks pal, appreciate it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Also, they often paint their left (?) hands red. Especially on Dreadnoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, i was just wondering cause it seems if your against an ork army your great but if your not your screwed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x3)

You could always do a similar chapter, i.e make your own, without the Ork hatred - if you so wish. Maroon Fists? Red Gore Claws? Mechrite Men?

Good luck, whatever you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x3)

In an apo game the disadvantage wouldn't matter (no FOC), and in a non apo game you can use them without their traits, as per Codex SM.

They paint their left hand crimson on every marine (not scouts) and veterans and commanders have both hands crimson.

One thing I'm not sure of is their squad markings. The tiny picture of them in Codex SM seems to be of a jump pack less assault squad, but rather than the X most chapters have, they have a +.
    Similarly, the Imperial Fists have the company colour on their shoulder trims, but the Crimson fists don't seem to have any company identification marks.

Anyone shed light on how they identify squads and companies?
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Not sure about the identification of the company thing, but if I remember correctly it isn't that big of a deal because there is only a little over a compnay left after the rynns world 'incident'.
    If you want more information about it check out the old index astartes or even the games workshop website
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by distortiondave View Post
    In an apo game the disadvantage wouldn't matter (no FOC), and in a non apo game you can use them without their traits, as per Codex SM.

They paint their left hand crimson on every marine (not scouts) and veterans and commanders have both hands crimson.

One thing I'm not sure of is their squad markings. The tiny picture of them in Codex SM seems to be of a jump pack less assault squad, but rather than the X most chapters have, they have a +.
    Similarly, the Imperial Fists have the company colour on their shoulder trims, but the Crimson fists don't seem to have any company identification marks.

Anyone shed light on how they identify squads and companies?

The guys in the codex are a veteran squad- the cross is a terminator crux and they have two red hands. When a marine joins a reserve company from the scout company he has his left hand painted crimson, to represent the blood pact between the marines and their primarch, hence scouts always have blue gloves. When a marine enters the veteran company (which numbers 126, I think) then his other glove is painted too, to reflect the honour. So- vets have two crimson gloves, including termies. Vet sergeants and (in my army at least) regular sergeants also have 2 crimson gloves.

Check here-

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=100041

for an easy painting guide and here-

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=109752 ([Tale Of Painters] Crimson Fists- Pic heavy!)

for an army painted using that technique.

You'll see I haven't bothered much with company colours but squad markings can easily be added to knees, using the company colour to paint the number- both company and squad markings in one!

The chapter symbol is a crimson version of the Imperial Fist (the parent chapter) icon.

Just to help you out- I've found that the crimson works well if you base with Mechrite, give a red/purple wash and then overbrush or highlight with Crimson Gore or Vallegio Gorey Red.

Apart from all the above they are pretty much codex. If you don't want to use traits then make them pre-Rynn's world.

Check wiki, too.

And ponder this- was the fortress destruction a result of a 'stray' missile or was it sabotage by some imperial faction. The Crimson Fists are known to be willing to work for the Administratum and even go as far as to eliminate other chapters.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

I say that you still get the Disadvantage. I play a Imperial fist player with my nids all the time. And he is dinged every game with his extra turn even thought i have 0 tanks in the whole army book. But i give him mad prpos for keeping the disadvantage as that is his army and he's going to stick to it.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

+ Reply to Thread