Why did I lose !!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did I lose !!!

I was in a game today and was having my ass handed to me, unfortunatly I dont know why. (actuly It was a draw but still ) I had 2 platoons a command section with 2 lascannons 2 mortars the rest heavy bolters Ogryns, 3 russes and an armoured fist squad.
    He had guardians dire avengers 2 prisms Dark reapers harlaquins and a wave serpent with banchees an autarch and a farseer.

Within 2 turns I had every think exept the vehicles and the squad still inside the wave serpent. From that point things went straight to hell. He hit one plattoon and my ogryns in combat and eventhough the banchees dropped quickly I couldnt kill anything !

So from that point onward what could I have done to get a win. 1 prism was just about perminantly stunned but that was it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Can you post a more detailed description? What you currently have is somewhat vague.

Also, next time can you please use commas; it make things easier to read.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry forgot, too much msn

I deployed on the far flanks about evenly he ran at oneside, had most of his force cut to bits, got his banshees in and killed 30 + guardsmen and the Ogrns. The fire prisms killed off my tanks and with one las cannon I couldnt defent myself. I dont realy think that will help because I want to figure out how to beat that list or at least that style of list, on another board, with differant terrain so on and so forth.

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

When it comes to Guard, numbers is better. 2 lascannons is probably not enough to deal with multiple enemy tanks in most games, particularly skimmers.

Also, when up against cc-oriented units like the banshees, space out your guardsmen otherwise they'll be caught pretty easily when a massacre happens. What you want to aim for is to have them massacre/consolidate into empty space so that in your turn you can gun them down.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I charged all my men in to try and win the fight because he charged my las cannon, and all the heavy bolters in the world arnt going to kill a Prism tank. I thought If I could kill the damned thingsit would at least get the men free.

Realisticaly 2 las cannons wasnt enough but is that realy the only reason I lost ?

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

Well, that does seem to have had a decent part of why you lost. There weren't enough anti-tank weapons to go around once your units started taking hits.
    I would consider taking some special weapons like grenade launchers or plasma guns in your heavy bolter squads. They're effective against infantry and can hurt light armor if you really need to.

Also part of it is simply the fact that Eldar can outmanuever Guard very easily, so its no surprise that the banshees were able to jump on your lascannons.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Whenever you ask, "Why did is lose?!" remember that the dice are a big part of any game. Unless you have some awful lists/tactics, or something brilliant, a few rolls can lead the game one way or another.

Against Eldar I find the games are very lopsided, either I get crushed or they do. Things I've found that help against eldar tanks are autocannons. You'd be surprised how well they work. Yeah that front armor of 12 is tough, but it's easy to get a shot on the side armor when you have 4 of those things floating around firing at different angels, plus missile launchers.

Those prisms are designed to hunt your tanks. The reason why things when to hell is that you killed everything in the eldar army that was mismatched to yours, but the stuff you didn't kill was very good at killing your vehicles and then men. All eldar units have certain tasks that they are meant to do, and only do that task. With those fire prisms, they were designed to hunt vehicles, if you had more infantry with anti-vehicle (anti-Eldar vehicle in particular) you probably would have taken them out or at least hampered them.

Go back and try again soldier!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me it just seems rediculous. I rember when i played eldar and pulled the same stunt the guy got a bit pissed and i couldnt understand why, looking back I understand its just stupid. Or is that just me and my natural pissyness ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I don't think you had enough Lascannons as well. I have Missle Launcher in my line squads, which make them multipurpose, and at least one Lascannon Heavy Weapon squad (usually back and in good cover). Only my HQ or platoon HQ have mortars.

The other thing to recognize as important is squad spacing and movement away from assaulting squads like Banshees. Don't let them consolodate into another squad quickly.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keeping in mind squad spacing and a lack of las cannon what else did I do wrong?

And the dice were biting me in the ass but not terribly badly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast