Tanith Ghosts Doctrines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tanith Ghosts Doctrines

Hi, I'm very new to IG, and really liked the look of a Tanith Ghosts 'style' army. This is probably because I really like snipers and stealth. Anyway I was wondering what doctrines I should use for them. Here's the ones that I was thinking of using:

Special Equipment: Cameleoline
    This is kind of the obvious choice for the Ghosts, as cameleoline cloaks and clothing is their trademark item.

Sharpshooters
    I picked this because I always imagined the Ghosts as being silent snipers that are a lot better at shooting than any other regiments.

Light Infantry
    The Ghosts main strength is stealth so this being able to infiltrate made sense. I am not as sure on this one though as it makes infantry squads quite expensive with the other two upgrades as well, and I'm not so sure about needing most units to infiltrate.

Veterans
    There has got to be a lot of veterans left from the Tanith homeworld and they have a better ballistic skill which seems a lot like the Ghosts.(Also, if I didn't take this, I wouldn't have anything to fill up elite slots)

Restricted Troops: Special Weapon Squads
    I just picked this because I have one doctrine left over and I can have a squad of snipers.

I realise a list with all these upgrades probably won't be as competative as it could be, but I still want to win a game every now and then so some tactics for an army with these doctrines would nice as well.

Any comments welcome.

Last edited by Dwarfsplatta; January 3rd, 2008 at 12:58.
    Da stunties must DIE!

Orcs and Goblins-850
    W-1/D-0/L-1
    Space Marines-450

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Well acording the Guard Codex the Tanith fellows use the doctrines of

-Light Infantry
    -Sharpshooters
    -Priests
    -Veterans
    - Hardened Fighters
    - Independant Commissars
    - Cameleoline

As for strategies and what not try CLICK ME NOW >: | (all infiltrating IG?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magila View Post
    Well acording the Guard Codex the Tanith fellows use the doctrines of

-Light Infantry
    -Sharpshooters
    -Priests
    -Veterans
    - Hardened Fighters
    - Independant Commissars
    - Cameleoline
    Yes, I am aware of this but it doesn't mean that I have to use them. I just wanted advice on, how effective these doctrines would be or if I should change them and what tactics I could use with them.
    Da stunties must DIE!

Orcs and Goblins-850
    W-1/D-0/L-1
    Space Marines-450

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

er Actually

To be honest if you play as the Tanith Ghosts then yes, you do need to use the doctrines as set out in the rear of the codex. This means that to call your army Tanith Ghosts you must use the doctrines given to you. This means that Gaunt's bonus for instance only applies to those armies which use the approved Tanith doctrines.

Just thought I should clear that up.

Any army you choose the doctrines for yourself cannot be one of the named armies in the back of the book. This also applies to Cadian armies. If you field Cadians then you must use the cadian doctrines. If you want to choose your own then you simply play a cadian style army.

I hope this helps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

er Actually

One of the clear bonuses of course is that by using the approved list you will be getting more doctrines than is normally possible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if it is that strict, I suppose my army is a Tanith 'style' army then. Besides it's only friendly games so it probably doesn't matter a whole heap. So anyway I still want advice on the doctrines and tactics.

EDIT: By the way do you really get all of the doctrines listed? That seems a bit odd, but pretty awesome if you do.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Dwarfsplatta; January 3rd, 2008 at 13:01.
    Da stunties must DIE!

Orcs and Goblins-850
    W-1/D-0/L-1
    Space Marines-450

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that the lists in the back of the books for specific army doctrines still limited you to five, but that if there's more than 5, you pick and choose 5 as those are the 'recommended' (not 'required') doctrines for said armies.

Pretty sure that's how it works, since it's really sorta cheesy for a player to get some free doctrines just because he decides to be one army instead of another.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

288 (x6)

Black and white

Whoops. I just had a quick re-read of page 55 and there it is in black and white. First of all there is no requirement that you use the doctrines listed against a regiment. Second it sounds as though you can use more than 5 doctrines if you are playing on of the specified army types in the back of the codex.

Amazing how something that seems simple can actually be complicated.

It affects me a bit because I like to use Gaunt and he has bonuses that only apply to Tanith units. Since I don't use the listed doctrines I usually assume that this means that I never get to use the Tanith specific advantages. This is fine by me as Gaunt is still an awesome character.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfsplatta View Post
    Well if it is that strict, I suppose my army is a Tanith 'style' army then. Besides it's only friendly games so it probably doesn't matter a whole heap. So anyway I still want advice on the doctrines and tactics.

EDIT: By the way do you really get all of the doctrines listed? That seems a bit odd, but pretty awesome if you do.

Thanks.
    Why dont you just read the codex properly???
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarahemna View Post
    One of the clear bonuses of course is that by using the approved list you will be getting more doctrines than is normally possible!
    I always found that to be rather stupid. They were placed largely in order to add flavor and flexibility to armies and yet giving these named army rule breakers (Cadians, Tanith, etc.) gives incentive to NOT be original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast