What Makes Terminators So Effective? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have 6 termies, and well I bought them when I first started playing without reason, I just thought they were cool looking. But I have not seen them live up to expectations. They cost me 302 pts and they never take out anyhting that big and usually end up dead.

I know that when they deep strike they are awesome, in CC they rule however my termies are the power fist storm bolter kind, so they don't excell at CC and for them to get next to a vehicle is almost impossible. Units run from them like the plague. The 4 shots with the storm bolter are awesome, with movement range of 36".

Here's my real question: Do I beef them up to 7 termies and a Commander then put them in a LRC? OR do I still beef them up and let them walk? OR do I leave them alone and only use them when I can deep strike?

What is the best way to use these high point monsters?

...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x3)

i ALWAYS take terminators. and i mean always. they can shoot and still get the +1 attack for charging. that and they can fire heavy weapons on the move. deep striking is really really good when you have a teleport homer. just plop them behind a tank or something and blow the bajeezus out of it

Member of the Fluffmasters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was unaware of firing heavy weapons on the move
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

You could always vary the loadout on your termies to make them more combat effective. Like a chainfist or two, lightning claws, or thunder hammer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personal favorite ----- a five man squad with two cyclone launchers. Extremely awesome squad, almost always gets their points back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are lot of people who don´t take terminators because they aren´t cost efficient and often end up in enemies heavy weapon fire, but I like them because they are cool looking, the fluff says the respected veterans of a chapter are given terminator honors + armour and on a plus side, for space wolves, what could be more fluffy then a squad of lithning claws swinging guys? Well only a bunsh of thunder hammer wielding guys, but you get the idea.

A whole termisquad with commander in a LRC is a really costy thing, that can cost something to around 700pts for effectivly one unit O_o They would be hard pressed to earn their points back, but on the other hand a really funny and after delivery the LRC can drive around, blocking LOS and munching infantry down until it gets shot to bits.

Btw, when you play spacewolfes, a really nice surprise for your enemy can be to give your termies runic charms ... this lets all of them reroll a missed armour save, what makes them really really durable against attacks that lets them have their save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by white_consulate@Apr 1 2004, 11:10
    I was unaware of firing heavy weapons on the move
    i also didn't know they could move and fire heavy weapons!
    -Can I pretend this guardian is an Exarch?
    -Well, I'll just pretend this jellybean is a Dreadnought, then when it's destroyed I can eat it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jepp, thats one of their biggest advantage. Beside the obvious advantage they can fire at one squad and attack anothere one in the assault phase wile still getting the +1 bonus attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x3)

with the new rules they have to attack what they shoot at

Member of the Fluffmasters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, now termies sound not so bad. I think I will make my chapter master in termie armour and get more models. Two units of smaller squads doesnt sound as cool as one huge unit. Thank god for the 5+ invul save. However 2 squads get 4 heavy weapons....

anything else about termies that make them more awesome? explain this move and shoot at 2 different units thing.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast