Death Cult Assassins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Cult Assassins

So I'm trying to move away from pure GK with my DH army right now and I was thinking of adding some assassins to my list. I was thinking of the Eversor assassin with 6 Death Cult assassins to fill in my elites. Would this work in a DH army and what units would go best in support of it?

Thanks!

40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

I have found that when I use DCA they do best when I have 1-2 follow my 8-10 man PAGK squads as most people will ignore them then and when the PAGK hit CC I got extra power weapons to help take down termies and the like.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Hey Chief!

To be honest, I'm not sure if a whole 6 DC Assassins are what you are after- that's a fair accumulation of points in what are still quite fragile units. Either way, give it a try and see how your regulars respond to them with reguards to their own target selection/distribution of firepower etc You may be pleasently suprised at their effectiveness, or curse them (my Assassins are seemingly doomed to meager dice rolls)

Eversor is King of the Hill, no doubt about it. He rocks 8Y

What other things would you do to move away from a Pure list aside from Assassins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Assassins definitely work well with any army. If you're thinking DCAs, take as many as you can afford, at least 3. And also take an Eversor or Callidus for extra power and mutual support.

I like using assassins to tie up dangerous shooty units, effectively sacrificing them to protect my GKs so they can advance, maneuver, focus on other priorities. With a bit of luck, an assassin pack can finish off their target and move on to the next.

The greatest benefit packs of assassins bring is their status as individual/independent units. In my last 40K league, I used 3 DCAs and an Eversor as a single "unit". But, in reality, they were four units working in concert. That meant that it would take four unit's worth of fire to (possibly) eliminate all of them. Highly unlikely! Also, in an assault, it forced the player to split their attacks considerably, and assaults often lasted a lot longer than the other player wanted, even if, somehow, they managed to come out on top. (Usually because of atrocious dice rolls on my part.) More often than not, my initial charge would result in me winning the assault, and when the enemy broke, that gave me multiple chances to run them down.

They are very fragile, however, and none of them, not even the Eversor, not even a big pack of them, can stand up to a protracted assault. Assassins are absolute murder against anything less than MEQs. Against MEQs, they become much less useful.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

I think that 6 death cults is a bit much. I would drop that to around 2-3 and combine them with the eversor.
    They work nicely on their own and don't really need much support. Just make sure to take advantage of cover.

IMO, for the other points you may want to consider ISTs or guard to give your army a bit more fire support.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To those considering assassins take some time to read the tactica at Bell of Lost Souls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the replys! I'll throw a list up in a couple days and try it out to see how I like it.

Cheers!
    40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. January 16th, 2008, 22:30