Using different models for Storm Troopers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Using different models for Storm Troopers

Hi chaps

I want to add a small Witch Hunters detachment to a Space Marine army - 1 inquisitor, 1 assassin and 2 storm trooper squads for my 2 troop allowances.
    Rather than being Storm Troopers per se, I'd rather them be more like representatives of the inquisitors personal household, his own body guard - that and I don't like the storm trooper models.
    I also don't want to use Sisters as I just don't like them.

Is something like that acceptable? Or do I have to use storm troopers or the old arbites models?

I was thinking of using a necromunda gang - either something extreme like Redemptionists or Cawdor giving them a fanatical look, or Van Saar or Delaque giving them a more sophisticated look.
    The main problem with Necro models is they are all armed completely differently with weapons that no longer really exist - stub guns, autoguns, heavy stubbers etc.

I also don't like the Witch Hunter inqusitor models themselves - all this dislike of the models is whats made me take so long to add a small detachment to my force - but the army is so cool.

Would using a DH inquisitor push the boundaries to far, or is an inquisitor an inquisitor?

Thanks for all comments

I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Inquisitor is an Inquisitor mate no worries there, you can even find some old ones in Terminator armour, so you can pretty much call an elaborate space marine an inquisitor just make sure he has the right gear (WYSIWYG).

Any thing will do for storm troopers, if the regular models don't float your boat you can always use some plastic zealots from fantasy and stick the plastic lasguns to them, a bit of creative painting and you have unique house warriors of an Inquisitor, good stuff

Use your imagination and make them look Inquisitorial like, i think you can have alot of fun with it

Ry out
    :drinking:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

I've used various IG factions to represent Stormtroopers.

I've seen some modified Cadians that looked good, just put extended clips on them, and maybe wires from their guns to backpacks, and greenstuff some leg greaves.

I also like the look of Steel Legion and Death Corps of Kreig to be Stormtroopers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

WH/DH lines are the best choices for creating your own models IMHO. You can get away with all sorts of crazy ideas/conversions. Plastic SM Scouts could be a good starting point too, with some bitz thrown in - even Fantasy line or FW Chaos Militias would work...

Necromunda - I used some Cawdor, Escher, Goliath models for my army, the only problem with those is that they are metal - and as such hard to convert in any way...

Inquisitors - WH/DH are very close and you could use your models to represent either WH or DH allies - the difference is mostly in gear that you can give them, as stat lines are the same...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x3)

Ta chaps

Gonna use a DH inquisitor and some necro models. The folk I play with won't bother that some are armed with autoguns or shotguns etc and will let me use the hellgun rules, and it's only going to be around 500 pts worth so I'm never going to seriously game with it.

Just a bit of fun, thats whats it all about.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

I was considering doing this with my army as well... I must have gone through every model, current and classic, that GW has ever produced. Several times.

I was about to use Redemptionists, which would be fitting for my extremely radical Inquisitor/army... however, I'm trying to play WYSIWYG as much as possible, and Redemptionists just have random weapons like maces and shotguns. If you don't mind that, they could be cool, though... but I think for a SM detachment there are better Necromunda models.

I ended up just using the regular Kasrkin models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x4)

Death korp of krieg engineers I thought made excellent arbites. You can catch them on forgeworld. But for storm troopers themselves im not too sure on alternatives....i myself use cadian kaskrin.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

ADEPTUS ARBITES:

Take a plain vanilla Cadian and slice off the end of the gun barrel where the stock ends.
    Customize the tip of the gun in whatever way you wish.

I heard that shotguns are going up to Str 4 sometime.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x4)

wooo strength 4 shotguns. I've always loved them for their assault value, would make gaurd much more powerful if they could take them as basic weapon (lots of strength 3 goodness)....but alas they can't *sad face*
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by distortiondave View Post
    Ta chaps

Gonna use a DH inquisitor and some necro models. The folk I play with won't bother that some are armed with autoguns or shotguns etc and will let me use the hellgun rules, and it's only going to be around 500 pts worth so I'm never going to seriously game with it.

Just a bit of fun, thats whats it all about.
    Well, if it ever bothers anyone, just say the guns use AP rounds. Easy solution

Some more storm trooper ideas

Dawn of War Files - Screenshots for File: Inquisition Daemonhunt Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zinfandel View Post
    I heard that shotguns are going up to Str 4 sometime.
    DA and BA have it, so I'd imagine its possible when/if they make a new Inquisition codex or codices.... but who knows when thats ever going to happen
    Personally I think IG shotguns will stay the same though.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast