Your Daemonhunter Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I am a Space Marine player roaming around asking questions. And my question for you people is do you take an all out daemonhunter army? I have never seen a pure Daemonhunter army before. All I have seen are some Grey Knights in a Space Marine army. I just wanted to know how common a pure Daemonhunter army is. Thanks for replies.

<span style='color:blue'>W/L/D</span>

<span style='color:purple'>3rd Company Raven Guard Space Marines-</span><span style='color:red'>in surgery</span>

<span style='color:green'>512th Cadian Orbital Defence-</span><span style='color:orange'>under construction</span>

<a href='http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.aspx?player=Redhawk%2011' target='_blank'>Xbox Live Stats</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play pure DH, and I have:
    HQ:
    GM with 5 termi retinue
    Elite:
    Inquisitor with retinue
    Callidus assasin
    Troop:
    6 Grey Knights (1 Incinerator 1 Psycannon)
    5 Grey Knights (1 Incinerator)

I know that it is not a that good army, but i have just started collecting it and I don&#39;t have that much money...
    Atleast it&#39;s pure DH
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Konstapeln' target='_blank'>Hey&#33; You&#33; Yes, you. Click this link or I&#39;ll eat your brain&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, thats a good start. Have you played a battle with them yet? If so, how did your assassin do in the battle?
    <span style='color:blue'>W/L/D</span>

<span style='color:purple'>3rd Company Raven Guard Space Marines-</span><span style='color:red'>in surgery</span>

<span style='color:green'>512th Cadian Orbital Defence-</span><span style='color:orange'>under construction</span>

<a href='http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.aspx?player=Redhawk%2011' target='_blank'>Xbox Live Stats</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve played "pure" GK , Allied with Vanilla marines, and Relictors with Radical DH.

Pure Gk is still under development, but uses the usual max size DS squads, GM and Retinue, Landraider, Couple of Dreads, Tarantula Sentry guns, IST with a Rhino or Chimera, eversor and callidus assassins (not at the same time)....you know, everything plus the kitchen sink.

I&#39;ll post up an army list when i get one i&#39;m happy with - most of the lists on this forum have ideas that i&#39;ve tried at one time or another, but i have to say that perhaps the most versatile was relictors with radical DH - ok, so i couldn&#39;t use GK&#39;s in it....i COULD use Predators, LandSpeeders, Devastator Squads, =I= lord with retinue - and i didn&#39;t really feel the lack, to be honest. Turned into a much shootier army, but i had far fewer problems.

NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition&#33;
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...

I&#39;ll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, thats a good start. Have you played a battle with them yet? If so, how did your assassin do in the battle?
    The first battle with the assassin, wich i played today, she earned about 200 points worth of infantery back, thats 80 points she got back for her points cost.

I think that was pretty good, but his chaos lord killed both my groups of Grey Knights without loosing a wound...
    But, the Chaos lord got 4 plasma and 2 melta shots on him from my Inquisitor and retinue after he killed those poor Grey Knights, the Inquisitor draw his plasma pistol and fired 2 shot that fell that Chaos lord...

Back to the assassin, she kicked some ass
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Konstapeln' target='_blank'>Hey&#33; You&#33; Yes, you. Click this link or I&#39;ll eat your brain&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play pure deamonhunters. I have an =I= lord with retinue, termi squad, 2 squads of grey knights, 1 squad of stormies with rhino, a dread and 2 death cult assassins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I play(ed) pure GK for a while, and overall they seem to kick ass as long as you get them into CC. I&#39;m adding in two Stormtrooper squads with meltaguns and Chimeras to help with the enemy armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im just starting a deamon hunters army, and it is pure demon hunters. Well, it is all from the codex, im not sure wether you would count inqusitorial stormtroopers as deamon hunters. Check out my army, its in the lists section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m also thinking of taking more stormies for my force. I have a spre rhino and I&#39;m not sure wether to use it to transport the stormie squad with melta guns, or some grey knights (if they are allowed) as I am not keen on deepstriking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and vampiresoul, stormies do count as pure daemonhunters.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast