Looking For A Good Inquisitor Setup - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I've been looking around the forum, but I didn't find exactly what I wanted, so I'm asking here.

Let's say I wanted to make a Daemon destroying Inquisitor Lord. Like, something that can handle any Greater Daemon, Daemon Prince, etc that he might come up against. What would I take? Like- what weapons, wargear, and retinue makes an ideal Daemonhunter, or at least one that would be succesful?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good deamonhunter =][= Lord should have a daemon hammer, grimoire of true names, icon of the just, destroy daemon and banishment psychic powers.
    Now go forth and smite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Well, if cost isn't an issue: D-hammer, bolt pistol, artificer armor, Icon of the Just, Grimoire, a good psyker power or two (Banishment, Destroy Daemon, Scourging, Sanctuary, etc), maybe Bionics in case of a lucky roll on your enemy's part, & of course, Sacred Incense.

...and probably three combat servitors, two heirophants, a familiar or two, and three acolytes with artificer armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I'll try to run those in a game, see how they perform. Would you recommend putting those in a Chimaera or not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd give the acolytes stormshields, but that a personal choice amd art. armour does have more applications.
    The Heirophants/familiars i agree with, and also the DH load-out - can't beat any of those things for deamon-stomping...

As for a chimera.

I wouldn't want a unit standing around after disembarking (which is that way the rules are going with the TVR, no assault on the same turn that the unit disembarks, unless from an open topped vehicle)....so you have this rather sneaky option that i'm planning on using:

Chimera with Twin-linked heavy bolters and a hull-mounted bolters so that it can utilise its weapons after moving (as long as its not more than 6").
    If you choose to fire from the Chimera (from a model in a unit), it counts as open topped (as not all your models in there will have a 3+ save), so you CAN assault from it that turn, as long as you take some pot-shots with the bolter pistol...or at least, thats the way it reads.

Just thought - maybe give the inquisitor an extra CCW and a gun of some sort to one of the other figures - the extra HtH attack is more valuable in my opinion that a bolt-pistol shot.
    NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition!
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...

I'll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

I already thought of the open toped thing. The one snag is you can only disembark from a vehicle in the movement phase. Shooting comes after movement, so no assault after disembarking.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if you shot the turn before it counts as being closed again in the turn you&#39;ll be assaulting...*nods*

Damn.
    Too many idea, too little thought.

I guess that Chimera=mobile firebase then - its just the comparatively weak armour that i&#39;m not very fond of - its all to easy to kill with a lot of weapons.....then again, 2 fire points = 3 Heavy bolters and a Psycannon while stationary, 4 heavy bolters when moving up to 6".....
    (have shooty =I= retinue)

Is it actually worth the attempt?
    NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition&#33;
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...

I&#39;ll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No actually you guys are one the right track-
    The Chimera is an awsome firebase/ shield for your troops to run behind while the firebase is taking out the little guys so your Lord and ret. takes out the big guys.
    Just a thought for you as it sounds good to me for my CC lord and other guys to run behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a pair of CHimeras is a good way to divide his army, while your GK focus on one half, has has to move around the Chimeras, or he can shoot um, if they are destroyed they stay usually, and they can be firing on youre opponents reinforcements as he is forced to waiste valuable turns moving around them...
    &lt;center&gt;
    &lt;img src=&quot;http://www.mutedfaith.com/images/spirit.jpg&quot; border=0&gt;
    &lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;
    &lt;/center&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the moment stick with a Rhino, its cheap and effective. Next edition if they stick with the TVR go for a chimeria as it will be a true firebass not like what it is prettending to be now.

Closed Thread