Rate the unit! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate the unit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rate the unit!

So I'm rating adding this to my torne list what you think?

1 Techpriest Enginseers - Surveyor, Bionics
    4 Heavy Bolter Servitors
    Okay Bionics was extra points, but as far as i can see this is IG's only really viable surveyor user, and it should use it well with 4 Heavy Bolters, the Techpriest although i only play 2 tanks can heal them if needs be, but most importantly, as far as i read he isn't independent as longs as he's with them? so that mean a 5 wound powerfist/powerweapon.

Not bad.... or is it?

W/L/D
    22/4/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by stifflersthedogs View Post
    but most importantly, as far as i read he isn't independent as longs as he's with them? so that mean a 5 wound powerfist/powerweapon.

Not bad.... or is it?
    5 wounds or not, he still has low strength, and you only get one servo arm attack. This unit ideally should not be seeing close combat.

It's not that bad; its just has a low model count. If you're only taking it for the surveyor, then personally I wouldn't take it. Its not like any good infiltrator-user is going to set up within 24" in line of sight of an IG army anyways
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ye, basically i'm looking for something thats gonna "fit" into the current list at around 150pnts. It looked like something fun, it'd be mostly for shooting

Ratlings would be cool, but i dont wanna put them up front and give my opponent a leapfoot
    Veterans, well thats what i have now, but there irritating, usually die in some way
    Russ, only have 2 bassies so it'll get shot to pieces
    Sentinals, well i dunno about them but i imagine they'd die quicker than the servitor

Meh i'm torn. I've had this extra point problem for ages, never finding something quite right, usually the rest of my list win regardless, but it be nice to find something that bolsters my power

Suggestions?
    W/L/D
    22/4/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

This squad is almost as point efficient then a normal Heavy Bolter Support Squad.

It has 12 BS 4 shots for 152points (19 points a hit [18.125 if you drop the surveyor and the bionics]) whereas the normal squad has 9 BS 3 shots for 80 points (17.78 points per hit).

The techpriest squad has one less wound then the normal squad but has much better saves for those wounds.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by stifflersthedogs View Post
    So I'm rating adding this to my torne list what you think?

1 Techpriest Enginseers - Surveyor, Bionics
    4 Heavy Bolter Servitors
    Okay Bionics was extra points, but as far as i can see this is IG's only really viable surveyor user, and it should use it well with 4 Heavy Bolters, the Techpriest although i only play 2 tanks can heal them if needs be, but most importantly, as far as i read he isn't independent as longs as he's with them? so that mean a 5 wound powerfist/powerweapon.

Not bad.... or is it?
    I just took a techpriest, with 3 heavy bolters and a plasma cannon, to Arcanacon, which is a 150 player 40K tournament over two days in Melbourne. (Woot! I came 23rd! Or was it 24th?)

The unit rocked. Layed down a massive amount of ACCURATE fire, deployed as an elites choice (which is close enough to HQ that it doesn't matter much), and was fluffy (I took my skitarii, and the whole unit is heavily converted).

Nuff said!

(Btw, he remains an independant character regardless, as nowhere does it say "he loses independant status" or similar, so it doesn't matter if his servitor retinue is present or not - in hth, he will ALWAYS be treated as a seperate unit, and thus can be picked out before attacking. This unit, in my experiance, does not do well in hth!).
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its good. I prefer 3 heavy bolters and a plasma cannon. Given a signum, you should have no troubles overheating.8Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't servitors count as wargear? I thought the techpriest could only take 50 points worth of that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boo on you just read up and ye seems so, oh well 2 heavy bolter is still cool
    W/L/D
    22/4/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Don't servitors count as wargear? I thought the techpriest could only take 50 points worth of that?
    It's kind of unclear, since under the Servitors entry it says he can take up to four, but makes no mention if they are limited by cost.
    I think you need to spend more time on your floor.

2500 Black Templars
    7-3-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't count as wargear.

"Techpriest Enginseers have access to the Imperial Guard Armoury. Servitors do not count towards the Enginseer's wargear limit." (Page 43 i believe)

i think i'm going to put some tech priests in my army now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast