Worst Loss Ever - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst Loss Ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst Loss Ever

My worst loss came today in a 500 point match.

I should have known better, but I tooled out a grenadier list at 500 points that was just...UGH!!!

Anyway, my original list would have been better.

I fought Necrons. 2 Squads of 10 and a Lord.

I had 2 teams of Grenadiers: 20 Stormies, 3 AC's and a LC in my HQ. All carried plasma.

By turn 3 he came into CC and that was that.

I know that I had a weak list, but my Stormies simply BLEW.

Anyway, I should have taken my original list of HQ, troop with 2 squads, and Armored Fist. They are drop troops and would have fared better, I think.

I lost every man...a complete rout and massacre. ;Y

Any stories out there of a total loss? Please share.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I don't get it, it seems to me that our army was perfect for the opponent. Apart from the Autocannons and the Lascannon (both should have been replaced with more plasma).

How did he get in CC by turn 3? Didn't you leave distance between your squads to stop massacre roles?

You only needed to kil 16 models to win!

What? You mean I was supposed to post a bad lose rather then berating you? Oh...

Playing a close combat guard army (warrior weapons, rough riders and conscipts) against a shooty Nid army. It seems Nids aren't that bad at shooting afterall with their Dakkafexes and millions of gaunts that kill all units in range so you can't charge (that was my trick dam it!). I couldn't even catch the Nid horde after my Rough Riders had disappeared under the hundreds of guants.

I think I ended up wounding 2 of the Dakkafexes and killing ~30 guants (with rapid fires) while my whole army was wiped out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -52 (x0)

"flankbang"

I'll Bite here.

So I came to my buddy's house, full guard army in tow, we had planned for a month by then to have our 5000 pt plus match. (this was in 2004, prior to "apocalypse". His wife let us use the ginormous dinner table that would allow you to use the indirect fire for the basilisk to decent effect. My buddy plays an ork army, lots of boyz, bikes, and trucs. To make the game interesting we used some nifty stuff we found in the imperial armor books for fighta-bomma rules, and we were off.

My whole first 2 turns consisted of me getting the absolute crap bombed out of me, 10-20 guys would go off per fighta-bomba attack, or other long range cannon the orks had manned by grots. By the time turn 1 was over, I was down about 45 guys (out of 220), and had a damaged turret on a tank. After all of that, i started to move forward, getting myself back into some semblance of a line. My guardsmen apparently took their "medal of honor videogame" guns with them, bc I didnt hit a damned thing. My lasguns that turn were nothing but ass and recoil, and the shots that DID hit somehow managed to get saved for the most part. I managed to make some damage with plasma weapons, but that was about it. The following turns were repeated bombings and an eventual charge. My commander broke to run, my commissar sh ot him in the face, only to be blown to human paste when the tank next to him took a direct hit from arty and rolleda "vehicle annihilated", killing my good commissar and most of my command squad. I had a slight comeback with three well placed arty shots, which took out a truck, 2 bikes and some boyz, but past t hat, i was pwned for about 80-90% of my 5000 pts.

It was a dark day.
    "Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of free speech, then you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise. Otherwise, you're not in favor of free speech."
    youve been legal pwned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A turn 2 surrender to the previous Eldar codex.
    It was the bunker assault scenario, so my 2 LR's and Bassie started off table. I didn't read the rules properly, so instead of placing barricades for a nice 3+ cover save, my grenadier squads were scattered, hugging 4+ cover saves and unable to cover each other.
    His 3 3-man Ranger units forced the mortars off the table, and pinned 2 other squads. Before we started.
    His first turn wiped out 1 infantry squad, severly damaged another one, and everything rushed forward.
    My first turn was ineffectual, the 2 plasma gunners both hit, but blew up, and he made both his cover saves. The HW teams in the bunkers prevented a couple of transports, from firing, but they could both still move.
    His 2nd turn wiped out the Command Squad and the High Command squad I was using. Wraith guardians were inches from the bunkers.
    I rolled for reserves, and the only thing that turned up was the Bassie (no LR's, no mortar squad). I must have had less than 500pts on the table facing 1500pts of Eldar. I surrendered at that point, totally disillusioned and left with a deep, deep dislike of the Eldar (or at least that Codex).
    Worst game ever.
    Plan B is not automatically twice as much explosive as plan A

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

My worst loss has to have been at the hands of a genestealer army. It was my second game after getting back into 40k after a few years and I played badly. However after a turn of realising this I quickly realigned my army but not in time to cause enough damge. Had had stuff come up behing my three russes and take them all out. Snipers in a building did hold off a lictor in CC for three turns go them!

TBH I desreved it as in the previous game I assaulted a termie squad with a squad of guardsmen and won the combat, they ran, then I assaulted them with a lone officer three times or so each time winning! needless to say I won that game.

My only other big loss was at the hands of a ridiculously bad cheat (used a 2000 point marine army of special rule and lying cheese against my patched together 1500 point guard army with only 1 plasma!) Then agian the same termie killing officer used bionics to stand up again three times against his SM capatain and a squad of termies!

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I must have posted on threads like these every where .

Any-how: A simple 500 Pt skirmish, My freind was using his Chaos and I was using my Imperial Guard. It was a simple battle-plan, capture the objectives (Of which there where 10) and Hold them and/or destroy the Enemy. So, my freind had first move, his foces spread out and took 2 of the Objectves, His single defiler and horribly close the the Main objective (The Town/City/Large Amount Of Rubble's Centre). So his turn ended, my Brave Guardsmen advanced into the The Town/City/Large Amount Of Rubble. My men took up positions in the buildings facing the The Town/City/Large Amount Of Rubble's centre. By next turn all the buildings my men were hiding in were just large piles of rubble, with various bodys parts in (The defiler fired its main gun and utterly destroyed the building my men were taking cover in). But it was still his go, His Chaos Marines charged forward en-gauging in close combat with my Gaurdmen. My men fought back as hard as they could, but unfortunetly their commander was crap at throwing dice the squad died (If your counting thats 2 squads of 10 men down, leaving only 1 Sqaud of 10 men and a 3 man Command Sqaud).

My men fell back the the deployment zone and set up a "Final Stand" position. The Defiler rampaged through the The Town/City/Large Amount Of Rubble and out into my deployment zone in which my men were hiding/cowaring (His single sqaud of CSMs were here too). His firing turn, BAM every-thing dies, I lose, and I get 0 kills to his 33 men killed, How skilled am I? .

Monkey Pirate Greenbeard The Ex-pirate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't had many defeats that are memorable except one, I had a really nasty failure last game. It was a 3k game necrons and tau vs my guard. I lost the roll for first turn. A squad of heavy destroyers rolls up into shooting range of my baneblade 1 hit. Penetrates, followed by a 4, followed by a succession of 6s. One hit... Oh well at least the broadsides never managed to kill my demolisher, even after 5 turns of fire ( a badly battered necron warrior squad managed to blow of the guns, in desperation I tried tank shocking them, they elected for death or glory.... it blew up) The way it end up working out is the necrons had control of all the objects at the end of their 6th turn and where only 2 models away from phasing out, I was down to a Russ and a maybe a platoon that had los on nothing. The only way I could win the game was to force a phase out, problem was the only thing that could hit was the Russ, I ended up scattering so I just covered 2 warriors. Rolled snake eyes....
    Rheagar fought nobly
    Rheagar fought valiantly
    Rheagar fought honorably
    And Rheagar died.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

I had an entire space marine drop pod army land on my IG the second turn of the game. Every last one came in.

My Russes didn't show up till turn 3.

I killed every guy in a marine squad EXCEPT for the dude with a flamer who didn't die the entire game.

I blew off a twin linked lascannon on a dreadnought without realizing he wasn't stunned. The thing ran up and tore my tank in two.

Deep striking melta command squad whiffed on killing a vindicare.

End of the game I had 6 hardened vets hiding in a ruin in the middle of the board, everything else was totally dead.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

I remember going towards the tyranids on turn one "To get the rapid fire shots off" with my Imperial guard army. Seriously, what in the name of god was i thinking? If i was a commisar I'd shoot me too. I could pack up on turn 4.

I also hit a problem when playing a escalation mission vs a eldar player - I was using my Dark Angels, veering towards mechanised. i started with 2x 5 man squads on the table, he went first. on his turn 2 he promptly got both falcons, I got nothing - and my pair of 2x man squads are looking very shabby and one consistently pinned (BAH! Rangers) - so on his turn 3 He rips across the board and parks his falcons in my quater. After measuring i couldn't enter on any part of the table edge (for reserves deployment) without being within 18" of a Falcon, and had no way of destroying them.
    p.s. I did get my revenge about 2 months later when the roles were reversed with my IG Infiltrating/Sentinal Heavy List vs his Chaos Marines - Who all got shot to bits as they turned up piecemeal. One LC sentinal got 2 obliterator kills. I am going to repaint him in detail to include that in kill markings someday (and he's had 2x assassain kills (in different games) too). I may even give him a laurel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

erm Embarresingly I have never lost with my Elysians, ever, including tourneys, although an appoc game in feb with 3000 points of them Vs 7500 of Eldar and Crons could easily be the first time, and worse result with mech Cadians is a draw.

I'll shut up shall I?
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast