Pure Ravenwing-Deathwing Competitive 2000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pure Ravenwing-Deathwing Competitive 2000 points

Any help will appreciated.

Sammael on Jetbike-205 points.

Belial-130 Points.

Troops: Attack Squad "Levi": 6 Ravenwing bikers, with 2 meltaguns, sergeant with meltabombs and powerfist. With 1 attack bike with multi-melta and landspeeder with assault cannon/heavy bolter.-420 points.

Attack Squad "Mordecai": 6 Bikes, with 2 melta-guns, includes apothecary, Ravenwing company standard and sergeant with melta bombs and powerfist. With Attack bike (multi-melta). Squad has landspeeder: heavy bolter/assault cannon.-475 Points.

Fast Attack: Strike Squad (otherwise known as "Support" squads) "Esther": 3XLandspeeders, Multi melta, 2 heavy bolters, 1 assault cannon and 1 Typhoon missile launcher.

ElitesTerminator ser Deathwing Terminator Squad "Israel": With apothecary, assault cannon, 2 Lightning claws, and thunderhammer. (Belial leads squad "Israel".-280

Deathwing Squad "Abraham": 2 Power fists, assault cannon, chainfist, pair ofLightning claws, and Thunder hammer.-250

Grand Totalxactly 2000 Points.

This is my first army list ever: I started with 40k a few months ago. This list is designed to be tournament competitive and is-as you can see very "Elite". The strategy will be maneouvering the Bikes with air in support to precision strikes where "Abraham" and "Israel" will be teleported in, focusing on one part of the enemy at a time-esp. if there horde armies.

Some questions: Should I use plasma guns in the my bike squads, esp. plasma pistols for "Mordecai" which has an apothecary? How effective is plasma guns with bikes?

Also I'm feeling a bit dubious about the raven standard.

Is it better to have the bike squads specialize? ie 1 squad has all multi-meltas and the other all heavy bolters, other is it better to balance it out?

Also can ravenwing bike squads have a landspeeder with a multi-melta instead of a heavy bolter? Since in the DA codes it says "may inculde one landspeeder with heavy bolter and assault cannon".

Thanks guys-this is my first army.

ps I thik I might be a bit low on the terminators-in like a city fight or something I might increase it to 3 or 4 squads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow anyone here? I'd be really interested to know what people think of this DA army.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

First of all, I'd just like to let you know that army lists belong in the army list section of this forum. Its usually the first step in getting responses.

Now, lets take a look.

Sammael-

Personally, I think Sammael should go on his LandSpeeder. The current rules make him so much more stronger than his Jetbike version. Just my personal thought

Belial-

What is he armed with? Personally, I'd go lightning claws, just for that extra attack in CC. It could really help.

Bike squad Levi-

I like the melta setup you have going here. Unless you know you're going up against alot of armour, I'd opt for either Plasma Guns (for MEQs) or Flamers (good in just about any situation). The one shot of the meltas can often really hinder the effectiveness of bike squadrons.

Attack Squad Mordecai-

Hrm...In a unit that's meant to drive forward and be up close, you've poured alot of points into this unit. I'd drop the Ravenwing standard altogether, as Bike squadrons are much more shooty than assaulty. It won't do you much good.

However, on the other hand, it makes them more assaulty, thus balancing them. Keep it if you want to go that way.

Support Squadron Esther-

I've never been a fan of Squadrons of Skimmers. They're already very fragile, and putting them in squadrons really lends to reducing the mobility that they so desperately require. If this setup works for you, then go ahead and keep it, but I'd strongly suggest against it.

Deathwing Israel-

This looks like it's your choppy squad, so personally, I'd go for a Standard Bearer over the Apothecary. Once the apothecary is locked in CC, he's useless.

Deathwing Abraham-

Not bad, but a bit unfocused. I'd opt for another thunderhammer over the lightning claws. It could really help when facing things like Wraithlords and Daemon Princes.

Now, some of your other questions.

Plasma on bikes can be very effective. With the ability to redeploy around the battle field, the option for some MEQ killy can really really help out. I understand about being wary of them, due to gets hot, but it doesn't happen very often, and your squads usually go quick, due to their frontline nature. I highly recommend them, but then again, this isn't my list.

Choosing a focus for your bike squadrons is all about preference. Because they all split up, there really is no need for specialization. If you know you'll be playing a horde army, go ahead and bring that heavy bolter. Its all a matter of choice.

The entry for Attack Squadrons is very clear about their landspeeders. Any speeders bought for Ravenwing Attack squadrons MUST come with Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon. You can opt to add multi-meltas only to speeders in the Support Squadrons.

Terminator count does seem a bit low. Personally, I'd switch out the Support Squadron for another terminator squad, for the extra buff. Plus that means that two squads with come down in Deathwing Assault, rather than just one.

Good luck with your army.
    Last edited by Adrian MalSeraph; January 29th, 2008 at 16:11. Reason: grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok sorry about that
    Last edited by Im BobDole; January 31st, 2008 at 04:51.
    3000 points space marines

my thread http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...e-scenery.html

undefeated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id be happy to point out a few things though as i do not have the latest DA codex i can help with Da specific rules.

To Imbobdole, hijacking threads isnt cool, im not trying to digg ya, but you should post your own thred, in the spirit of continuing the thread, im going to ignore your post.

As for the DA list, it is very elites, possibly to a fault. If im sane (not to probable) you have around 30 models wich for a 2000 point list is incredibly small. Ignoring that fact, are your temi's/commander in termi armor going to deply via teleport or what cause, i know you've got the mobility of your ravenwing attachments -- wich will most likey be gunned down to to the low model count -- leaving your terminators isolated against a still very alive and most likey angry enemy. case and point try to fit in an alternate deploymet method.

as for your ravenwing squads, im starting a white scars army of my own and specialization of your rank and file bikers (if there is such a thing) is not important, unless you are designated and specific role for them wich can be helpful. otherwise a versitile kit can be benificial to your bikers.

on a side note, you can take landspeeders in the same squad as bikes?!?!
    unless im reading that wrong or you read the rule wrong, that would seem to cause major problems such as vehicles/infantry inthe same unit as well as conflicting movement speeds

also you termi swuad with an apothecary would have to be a command squad right? and if so would not count as an elites choice.

Anyways i hope some of this helps, cheers

SL
    New Crons 1000 points painted 6/2/10
    Empire WIP unpainted (Averheim black and yellow!)

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Mushin View Post

on a side note, you can take landspeeders in the same squad as bikes?!?!
    unless im reading that wrong or you read the rule wrong, that would seem to cause major problems such as vehicles/infantry inthe same unit as well as conflicting movement speeds

also you termi swuad with an apothecary would have to be a command squad right? and if so would not count as an elites choice.

SL
    The Dark Angels codex has very large differences from the Space Marines codex.

Landspeeders are bought with the choice of the Attack Squadron, so the price is all inclusive, but for all intents and purposes, they operate independently of each other. It may have some limited gameplay uses, but its largely based on pre-established fluff.

Secondly, Dark Angels Terminator Squads don't have command squads. If Belial is taken as an HQ, an Apothecary may be bought for one Terminator squad. Just some extra tidbits that the Dark Angels recieved as they evolved into 4th Edition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah thanks, i was unaware that belial was a special character and thanks for clearing up the lanspeeder bike squad thing.

on a side note, takes in deathwing/ ravenwing list is alright but have you ever considered going all death or ravenwing, you may loose the staying power of deathwing in an all ravenwing force but the overall mobility would help greatly if your good with such things.

conversely, an all deathwing force lacks speed and numbers but is heavy on high armor paired with deadly wepons.

Cheers,

SL
    New Crons 1000 points painted 6/2/10
    Empire WIP unpainted (Averheim black and yellow!)

+ Reply to Thread