Anti Tank Firepower - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my 1500pt witch hunters army ive got 150pts left to spend and despratly need some anti tank firepower. What do you think i should take i have 3 ideas:
    Exorcist
    Retributer squad with 4 multi meltas
    Storm troopers with 2 meltaguns in a rhino
    what would work best the rest of my army consists mainly of infantry with two inquisiters and adomminion squad with 4flamers. Also a greyknight brother-captain with 3 terminators to teleport in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Justice pattern Immolator? The one with twin multimeltas...
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats an idea it could support the domminion squad in the other immolater anyone else have any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion the best choices would be an Exorcist, the new front armour 13 is just a blessing and the bombardment barrage, either the lance strike or the melta torpedos. The last choice as a definate plus, you do not have to spend money buying the figures
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saraphim with melta bombs. I cause more wounds to the units standing around a tank (by blowing it up), than when I charge. Thats usually against high toughness units like plague marines though.

Once I destroyed a kids landraider on turn two. It exploded and killed 3 of the 10 marines standing behind it. melta bombs are a must for every saraphim squad out there. Every game I have finnished, and I didn&#39;t give melta bombs to my saraphim, I have spent with my sisters keeping their noses low hiding from tanks.

With a retribution squad, you have 4 shots, that you cant split. With 10 saraphim, who have melta bombs, you have 10 chances to destroy a tank (10 extremely good chances.... unless its a monolith). The best part is, you can assault more than one vehicle. thats right, you can have one squad of saraphim sneek up on an armored company, and assault 3 or more Lamun Russ&#39;s if they are close enough to each other.

Im surprised no one mentioned the dominions with 4 melta guns yet either.

I would be cautous about the excrosist for the same reason why space marines players are cautous about taking land raiders. some times its more of a fire magnet than an anti-tank weapon.

Redundancy isn&#39;t bad either. You have 1500 pts to spend? ok, so get an excrosist, saraphim with melta bombs, Retributors with melta bombs, AND dominions with melta guns. Try them all out, they are all good, but for different situations. Learn what is best at what.

I almost forgot, the new repentia have Eviscerators right? thats a squad of 20 with str 6 + 2d6 to penitrate. Its not like they strike after the tank in assault. If its a dreadnaught, even better. Sure you go last, but you have 20 girls. Its an uncommon dreadnaught that can cause that many wounds to the squad before they take their turn. You might even be able to justify repentia as being better at anti tanks troops, because they don&#39;t have to pay additional points for the eviscerators, but saraphim pay additional points for melta bombs.

And I can&#39;t beleive how much people under apreciate the customization of your Veterine sister superiors. You can give your special characters melta bombs too. You might wan&#39;t to give all of youre sister superiors melta bombs, and melta pistols, so that every squad can potentially take out tanks (thus allowing you to rely on small squad tactics, where any squad can complete an objective, not just a special unit). This is especially usefull for not only sisters, but for armys like chaos. Why do you think they give a power fist to the aspiring champion of korn berzerkers? because too many people have charged them with empty Rhinos (khorn berzerkers ALWAYS charge the closest enemy model, even if they can&#39;t damage it).

Kill your tanks&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I nevr really used my Seraphims as an anti-tank unit for simple reason that they would become very expensive and it would also stop me from using in their main roli in my army as the last weight that tips the balance (hopefully in my favour ).

With the new codex the cost has even got higher; one seraphim with melta bombs gets to be more expansive than an assault marine.

Also if they charge a vehicle, destroying it or not will allow your opponent to shoot at them making their life span very short because of their low thoughness.

I usually rely on my exorcist along with a meltagun per battle sisters squad. The eversor assassin can allways help in a tight spot.
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try three exorcists, the krak missiles are amazing, and if ur loucky enough to pump out high numbers, you could do some serious damage to vehicles and other things...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ill probably take a exorcist as well as a storm trooper squad with 2 meltaguns, also ive put a meltagun in each of my sisters squads (3).Ifelt that serraphim with melta bombs were to expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

lads remember that the rear armour of most vehicles is only 10 and all of a sudden those seraphrim start looking nice again and remember most tanks are surrounded by troops so you should still be able to assault in the next phase this will only become a problem when the new ed comes out & the assault rules change
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking 3 excorsists is a TERRIBLE idea. If they&#39;re that much of a threat, a good opponent will destroy them in no time, and they wont make their points back.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast