Inquisitor Models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm just going to use the Redeemer (from Necromunda) for the Inquisitor. Now THERE'S a guy I could see burning witches. I guess Malekev could be a scribe or something...

I've been looking at my copy of the Witch Hunter codex. All I can say is the models of the WH Inquisitors look terrible! Great modeling, but terrible models. What the hell is with the hats? This is the 41st Millennium, not Boot Hill or the OK Corral.

Suggestions on other models to use?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Brother-Captain Fenix's Avatar
    in my mind.........................................
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

srry dude cant give you much help because we are NOT witch hunters we are deamon-hunters but i personally stuck to the inquisitors that were made for deamonhunters just a little bit of tweaking and they looked just fine to me you should go to the SOB forum they will help you ALOT more
    When cities burn and armies turn
    and flee in disarray,

Cowards will cry 'tis best to fly
    and fight another day,

But warriors know it in their marrow when they
    die and fall,

It is better to have fought and lost than not have
    fought at all.

Fenix's Titles!

the keeper of the stuff!
    the knower of werty!
    the master of the obvious!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I know... But the SoB's seem to be quite down on Witch Hunters right now...

I'll give it a try though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually the hat really fits with the theme. When the salem witch trials took place the majority of the people who were there wore hats that resembled the ones worn on the witchhunters.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhhhh, I didn't see that but you may be right (I'm an idiot). I still don't like them, but at least I understand what they were going for. Thanks for clearing that up. Still think the Redeemer or the Arch-Zealot would be better though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes that is a 17th Century hat style that was popular with the British colonists of North America (in the North, mostly Puritans) and is meant to conjure up images of the Salem witch trials. I can see why you don't like, though ... seems a little hokey and OTT to me too.

As for models, the female WH Inquisitors look cool to me but men usually want a male model to lead their army, as the general represents you on the tabletop and all. A simple solution, if the hat is your only gripe, is a head-swap; I think the plastic SM Veteran Sergeant head would look good, as would a bearded head from the FB Marauders or Mordheim Middenheimers sprues.

If you want an entirely different model, there's no reason not to use DH Inquisitors since there is no Ordo-specific iconography on them, excepting Torquemada's hammer. A weapon swap would be easy in that case (switch to a sword) and Torquemada is a killer model. The others wouldn't require any modification but aren't ideal since you're looking for a Lord I think and they don't have power armor, which is standard equipment for him.

The Redeemer would work but he doesn't seem like an Inquisitor to me, though he would make a good Priest if you're planning on using any. Also, as mentioned above, he lacks power armor.

So, IMO, use either a WH Lord with a head-swap or Torquemada with a weapon swap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I realize what they were going for, but all I could think of when I first saw the pic was that they had ripped off Vampire Hunter D :lol:

I think I can make the Redeemer look right. I'm pretty much always going to attach an Inquisitor Lord to my Imperial Guard force, so I want the Witch Hunter Inquisitor to be as imposing as Torquemada (who is being used for my DH Lord) the Cotton Mather just doesn't seem to have it. If I add a few =][='s to the model, it will look more Inquisitional, and the Backbanner from the Arch Zealot (with the =][= replacing the Redemptionist icon, don't ask me how it doesn't catch on fire from the head brazier. I guess it's the fire that burns but does not consume ) will make it more imposing. The power armor thing doesn't bother me too much, the WH looks like he's wearing carapace armor at best. My group isn't super strict WYSIWYG (although obvious power gaming isn't tolerated). I might try the head swap idea of yours.

I love your sig quote. I've been planning to have a very similar Latin quote: "Caedite eos! Novit enim Imperator qui sunt eius!", (something like "Kill them all! The Emperor will know his own." modified from what the Abbot Arnaund-Amaury said during the Albigensian Crusade) be painted as graffiti on my Inquisitor's chimera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Actually, some good models for Inquisitors and DH in general come from Warmachine and Confrontation. My GK Dread is a Protectorate Warjack with a little modification from the Warmachine line. And for your WH Inq, if you wanted someone female, this would probably work...

My own Inquisitor (in the works) is a DA VetSerg body, GK Termie arms (psycannon, NFSword [can be a CCW, PW, or FW depending on points I have]), and a bannerpole I got from the bitzwagon (little cherub with a scroll on top, don't know what it's from).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice choice Megalomaniac

Personally, i like the puritanical style of witch-hunters, much as i liked the greco-romanesque armour on the DH inquisitors. Bottom line here is, i think, find something evocative (by all means, look away from GW for inspiration).

For Example - my =I= are quite militant - one of the old style in termie armour with thunderhammer, one converted DA Vet with a priests backpack and a melta-gun converted into a drum-fed psycannon (same stats).

For Vet Guardsmen, i use some old Mordheim plastic figures with plasma guns and some acessories, then i also have some Necromunda thugs (whatever the bald guys are called) with plasma pistols. On top of that, i have standard gun servitors, and imperial preachers with storm shields.....

For the Witch-Hunters, i like some of the Confrontation stuff (although i WISH i could paint like that) :o ) and of course, i'll probably convert a couple of the puritanical types.

Taste is highly subjective, after all.
    NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition!
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...

I'll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my penitents, I'm going to use the Empire Flagellants (figures 1 and 2 to be precise). I don't have a problem with making the Witch Hunters look less "knight in shining armor" than the Daemon Hunters, I just don't like the Inquisitor models.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast