Emperor's Champion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emperor's Champion

I was flipping through Chapter Approved 2003 today, when I noticed the Emperors Champion. The thing that caught my attention was the large amount of wargear this character has.
    I started adding up all the equipment to compare the point cost of the Champion (105pts) to a SM Commander, who has almost the same profile. The result was surprising... All the equipment the Champions have, costs a total of 81 pts. This excludes the Blacksword but since it doubles his strenght when used in both hands, it should cost at least 25 pts (maybe even more due to the option to use it singlehanded). On top of this comes the basic cost of a Commander, 45 pts. All this gives a total of over 150pts...

As he now is avaliable to all chapters, I'm beginning to get a little curious and is considering to buy one.

So my questions are;
    Does anyone of you guys use him?
    Whats your experience with The Emperors Champion (if any)?

Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have not read this stuff, but it sounds really good, and if i played SM, i think as a general he is worht it... but i most likely will still buy the mini, as it is really cool :]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your absolutly right, the mini looks cool
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I started playing 40k I had a BA army and used an Emperor's Champion. He is excellent in cloce combat, and I advise adding him to a Terminator Assault Sqaud or a SM Veteren Sgaud and get him into cc as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think you are right about letting him join up with another squad. I was thinking of adding him to an already existing HQ squad or as you suggested with Terminators...

Did you get to try his "challenge" ability when you used him?
    Master Belial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

challenege can be an awsome tool to take out any mean veteren seragents/nobz/exarchs/what ever sporting power weapons or 'fists.
    Prossuming he can take them down of course, but with the black sword he can usally accomadate to take whoever they are down reagardless. And if they're stricking at him first, with an iron halo, 2 wounds, and artifacer armour he can stand up to a hell of alot of punishment.

another tactic (which i must warn, only works about half the time)
    is to send him off on his own against any big monsters.
    I've sent my champ in on his own against dozens of wratihlords and he usally comes out ok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I have a Black Templar army, and I HAVE to have one. From what Ive read, they're pretty good, i was gonna buy one at GW today but i couldn't make it. They seem pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once had him challenge a Hive Tyrant thinking he was invincalbe (he already killed a Carnifex). He died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new model of EC is damn cool

both him and the new grey knights have new different helmets - the ones with two armour plattes on the jaw going up kinda like a beak

look at the grey knight on p42 of new whitedwarf

do you think they are gonna change all marines to these new helmets like they did with the old pointy nosed helmets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play Black Templars so I use one all the time. The last outing he managed to kill a Furioso, half a Blood angels tac squad and a 6 man assault squad. The rest of his squad got the rest of the tac squad. He also scored two penetrating hits on a normal dred but falied to kill it. He eventually got smushed by a second Furioso.

Well worth the 105pt paid for him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast