special GK dread - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

special GK dread

I was checking out some of the forge world titans. i decided to check out what the GK's have. I scrolled down and a Gk dread with the purity seals and all that Gk jazz showed up. scrolling down more there was a GK psycannon arm!!! then better yet a CC arm with mount incinerator. could that CC arm looks like a bigger version of a NFW. could that possibly be a
    force weapon because the dread is big with S10 and all Gk's are psychic is some way?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

No, there are no special rules for GK dreadnought CCWs, no matter what they look like. The psycannon arm is a fluffy choice, but definitely not one that benefits the usual GK/DH army list. It's easy enough to get psycannons in the list if you want them. It's not easy to get high-strength/low-AP weaponry, save on dreadnoughts.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Yeah... Unfortunately all that stuff really only serves to give you a dread that looks really cool. There are rules for the Psycannon arm in the relevant imperial armour book, but that DCCW arm is purely for looks. The worst part of it? That fancy sword arm, while a cool idea, looks really puny and wimpy when it's attached to a dread. Seriously, I have a GK Mk.IV dread with the fancy arm and it just looks sad... Go with the standard Mk.IV claw, like I wound up doing - it works wonderfully, IMHO.

EDIT: That's the claw I'm talking about, Hasten. looks so much beefier than the NFW arm, and tons more dangerous than the blocky Mk.V arm you get with the GW kit.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

The forgeworld claw arm does look pretty cool, though. I personally like it a lot more than the old plastic version (it's what I've got on my FW GK Dread). The pointy claws look vicious =).

-H
    Last edited by Hasten; October 21st, 2008 at 20:10.
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

You guys are nutz, I got 2 of the FW dreads, with the "NFW" and "Psycannon" arms, it looks killer.

The "NFW" arms don't look puny at all, they look great on the dread and fit in nicely with the rest of the army.

The "Psycannon" arms look awesome too, and while GW may not have rules for them, I use them as Assault Cannons, my Reasoning? simple, with the GKs constantly fighting Daemons and evil magiks, they found their assault cannons jammed frequently due to daemon magiks(3rd edition lol) so they encased the Assault Cannon workings ina protective casing with increased physical and magikal protection.

All solved!

Mike

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. February 5th, 2008, 18:13