3 DS GKT with 3 incinerators? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 DS GKT with 3 incinerators?

Hey guys

I think this could be cool but will it work, 3 GKT all armed with 3 incinerators deep striking. I am sure it could do a bit of damage and for under 200pts it's not to bad.

What do you think.
    BB

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant legally be done since you can only get 1 weapon upgrade on the normal termies and 1 on the Brother Captain >.>

Only way you can do anything remotly like that would be:

HQ Brother Captain - 81
    -Incinerator

Elite 3 Termies - 188
    -Brother Captain Incinerator
    -Termy Incinerator

So 269 in total for the combination, personally I cant see how this would be viable
    The Inquisition - 38-2-3

Tomb Kings - 1-1-1

Grey Company Elves - 16-1-3

Saurons Force of the Black - 8-1-3

It's better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

opps ok we could go for 3gkt with 2 incinerators.

Elite 3 Termies - 188
    -Brother Captain Incinerator
    -Termy Incinerator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why though?

3 Terminators are just not going to accomplish anything -- Yes their Grey Knights but they die just as easily as normal Terminators

not only that, but by Deepstriking them in Flamer range you've just thrown away one of their best abilities the Shrouding -- If you want to go for that ida of lots of flamers then you need more Terminators in there to make it more worthwhile
    The Inquisition - 38-2-3

Tomb Kings - 1-1-1

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

The best use of incinerators is not on footslogging or deep-striking squads, but mounted squads. If you transport your termies in a land raider, having one incinerator can be very useful. Maybe having one on a deep-striking squad could be useful, too. The problem with template weapons in general is that they're really only useful on the charge. Unless you can guarantee a charge -- and therefore can totally control the placement of the template -- you are throwing away a model's formidable shooting capabilities on the off-chance you can get lucky. Once.

Even mounted, I can't see any reason to ever take more than a single incinerator in a squad. And it still isn't a bad idea to save on points and not bother. That's always a viable option, no matter how you deploy your termies.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

There's also the problem of the diminishing returns on template weapons. Since they're resolved sequentially, a savvy opponent will remove models from the first template attack such that the subsequent attacks will hit less ('thinning the herd' so to speak). Consequently, the return on your investment gets lower. Since Grey Knights give up so much (true grit, NFW) for the Incinerator, you really have to justify the expenditure, in my mind.

My two cents, anyways *shrugs*

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

I have to agree with the above too.

2 flamers of that kind, aren't going to do much more damage than a single one. You could just take only 1 flamer and an extra GK
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    There's also the problem of the diminishing returns on template weapons. Since they're resolved sequentially, a savvy opponent will remove models from the first template attack such that the subsequent attacks will hit less ('thinning the herd' so to speak). Consequently, the return on your investment gets lower. Since Grey Knights give up so much (true grit, NFW) for the Incinerator, you really have to justify the expenditure, in my mind.

My two cents, anyways *shrugs*

-H
    GKT's don't lose their NFW's, only PAGK's. There's also that issue on whether GKT's get True Grit or not (but let's not bring that up)

I agree with the "thinning" problem though. Plus, sometimes it can even bring the unit out of assault range and keep them from charging.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qsd View Post
    GKT's don't lose their NFW's, only PAGK's. There's also that issue on whether GKT's get True Grit or not (but let's not bring that up)
    p.8 DH codex, "This [True Grit] only applies to Grey Knights in power armor."

Termies don't sacrifice anything to carry an extra weapon, but I personally wouldn't be willing to drop a 200-300 pt. squad under 9" from an enemy unit, and if you drop them outside of that then they're just sitting ducks who didn't get to soften anybody up.

Psycannons, in my experience, almost always get their points back! This seems like a more viable option for the "SURPRISE YOU'RE DEAD" kind of deepstrike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhrik View Post
    p.8 DH codex, "This [True Grit] only applies to Grey Knights in power armor."

Again dont bring this up --- the argument is that in the BGB it says all Grey Knights get it --- please no one reopen this argumetn !!!
    The Inquisition - 38-2-3

Tomb Kings - 1-1-1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. February 15th, 2008, 20:11