What to build/paint next - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to build/paint next

This is not really an army list (hence why I have not posted it in the army lists section), but so far I have painted a basic infantry platoon out of the miniatures I have purchased to date.

I’ve also just finished a hardened veterans squad (which may get used as temporary proxies for stormtroopers with the grenadier doctrine for the other compulsory troops choice if need be), and I’ve got enough figures for the HQ command squad (with mortar) & a basic sentinel (more detailed info can be found on my blog if it’s needed – see sig).

In addition to those I’ve got enough unpainted plastic to build two of the three support squads below:

... Mortar support squad
    ... Anti-tank support squad with missile launchers
    ... Special weapons squad with flamers or grenade launchers

Or I could just go with another infantry squad for the existing platoon (with any of the heavy/special weapons combinations that come with the plastic figures).

So, as you have probably already guessed, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on what I should assemble?

I’m not really all that concerned about points values at this time (though they will obviously become a factor eventually) but rather how to get the most out of the models I currently own (and maybe even what I should think about getting hold of next).

Last edited by Kris 101; February 18th, 2008 at 20:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well basically it's always best to start with your compulsary units before you do anything else. For Guard that means HQ command squad (leave support squads for the moment) and Infantry Platoon with at least 2 infantry squads. Next troop choice is up to you either armoured fist or conscripts. Personally I built both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as compulsory squads go, Iíve finished a HQ command squad, and Iíll probably be able to use the veterans as grenadier stand-ins for the time being. So at a push I should have the basics covered.

Iím also planning a conscript platoon in the future (using some of my old IG models to distinguish them from the regular troops) and having them accompanied by an independent commissar - but I only have enough pieces to build 17 of them at the moment (rather than the minimum of 20) Öso thatís on the Ďto-do listí so to speak (assuming I can find a couple more on eBay or something).

I hadnít really considered painting up another infantry unit and using as an armoured fist squad (and thus making that my 2nd troops choice - freeing up my veteran models to be used as intended) Öwhich is a nice idea, though Iíll obviously have to buy a chimera for that. HmmmÖ itís something to think about all the same

+ Reply to Thread