Blisters or Boxes? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blisters or Boxes?

K from what I hear, PAGK boxes come with:

1 Justicar GK
    1 Flamer GL
    1 Psycannon (?) GK
    2 Vanilla GK

Now, if my squads don't use Flamers or Psycannons, is it better to just buy blisters or should I still buy the boxes and just 'count as' the others as vanilla GKs?

What would you do?

Warhammer Fantasy Armies:
    0/0/2 -- 1000pts + -- Wood Elves
    Dark Elves - It's complicated...

Warhammer 40K Armies:
    0/0/0 -- 360pts + -- Daemonhunters

Army Project Blog

a question that sometimes drives me hazy: am i or are the others crazy? ~ albert einstein

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

comes with:
    1 justicar
    3 vanilla GK
    1 incinerator GK

honestly, incinerators suck unless it is special circumstances, i got with blisters
    it comes with 2 GK for 16 bucks. 48 bucks, and an extra guy. only down fall is you have to convert a justicar...

anyways, yah, i hope this kinda helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goblin is right both about the contents and also about the undesirable nature of incinerators; especially in the hands of our power-armored brethren.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To start a squad of GKs of your better getting the Box set first (basically £15 for 4 guys) then start getting the blisters to finish the squad of --- it does work out cheaper that way
    The Inquisition - 38-2-3

Tomb Kings - 1-1-1

Grey Company Elves - 16-1-3

Saurons Force of the Black - 8-1-3

It's better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

That's what I do. One box and 3 blisters per squad. I paint up the incinerator guys to use the odd one on occasion when I have a few points spare to finish off a list.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

How is it cheaper?
    5 blisters = $80CAD
    1box+3blisters = $93CAD

And i would be pretty sure, no matter how you slice the dice with other currancies, it would be the same pricing totals in the end.

For adding a tad of greenstuff and paper (a loin cloth and some extra purity seals) , i will save my 16 bucks thank you!

also, if you want the justicar THAT badly, if you add him in, then you are looking at $92CAD, still cheaper then buying a box. a box is seriously NOT worth it imo. You are paying 45$ for 4 minis... I dont know about you guys, but that is like paying 45 bucks for a rhino, just not economical, and way over priced, especially when there are cheaper ways to get what you want. Now i know just about 90% of GW is overpriced, I am just saying, that buying pure blisters and converting, is cheaper in the long run, by about 13bucks for every 10 grey knights, and as discussed on these forums, grey knights begin to get really fun at around 40+ of them, meaning youd be saving a total of $52CAD in the total pursuit of your 40 GKs.... Worth it imo.

This is not a battle, and i hope no one perceives me as being a naughty spinster, heh, i am just stating what i find, and i guess if you want we can get into the legistics of it, but when it comes down to it, 80% of GK players (rough guestimation) prefer vanilla gk, the other 19 prefer psycannons, and the other 1% play water warrior!

Unless you want an incinerator, then i say go for it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in good old blighty it's virually the same cost, £36 for the Box and Blisters, £35 for just the Blisters, but obviously the box gives you the Incinerator *wahoo*, wow Goblin, your currency bites, good job as well with me taking a holiday there.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Indeed, the prices are not the same in every region. At current $US prices, a squad of 9 GKs (8 vanilla + Justicar) costs $56 (4x PAGK blisters, 1x Justicar blister). If you get the box set and then blisters to fill out the squad to 9 members (10 if you wish to include the incinerator GK from the box), it would cost you $54. Two bucks cheaper, plus you get the incinerator model.

Until last year's price hike, it was considerably cheaper to go pure blisters when building PAGK squads. But since the PAGK blister went to $12 (at least where I am), the math has swung slightly in favor of using the box as the basis for every squad.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

One other thing to consider is eBay. I wish I'd thought to browse eBay before I bought all of my minis. Vehicles, for instance, you can often find new in box (NI for substantially cheaper than you could buy new. Some sellers will also combine shipping, so you can potentially save even more money.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay is great option for buying cheap 40k, I've bought loads and never had a problem with any of the sellers, us geeks are trust worthy people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast