Sentinel - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sentinel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sentinel

I just bought an Imperial Guard Sentinel and Im a bit confused with the weapon sprues it comes with. From the looks of it, there is a flamer and then a multi laser. Where do you get the lascannon option from? I was assuming that the cadian box comes with the autocannon.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

The lascannon is in the Steel Legion Sentinel box, rather than the Basic or Cadian ones. They REALLY need to just put all the weapon options on one sprue.

Games Workshop Online Store — Steel Legion Sentinel
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or you might as well get one plastic lascannon from a cadian/catachan heavy weapon box an there you go. alot cheaper. you can build the autocannon variant in the same way.
    "You'd never imagine how many people would like an electric chair hanging on their wall. Especially if it fits the colour of the wallpaper."

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Microcosm View Post
    or you might as well get one plastic lascannon from a cadian/catachan heavy weapon box an there you go. alot cheaper. you can build the autocannon variant in the same way.
    Yep, to do so (Las) you cut off the end with heat sinks, and if you have a spare "skull aquilla" part from any of the standard tank accessory sprues - you know, the flat bits like a skull with wings - then clip the wings off, and glue over the hole where the las would go. Cut approx 1cm of sprue,(will be cut down later - this makes it easy to hold) and trim bit by bit until it's approx 2mm in width, (a bit like the graphite from a pencil) it doesn't matter if it's slightly chunky. Make sure you have a flat end, and glue on the lascannon, on the side opposite the hole (I suggest holding it against the sentinal's side to check it's in the right place before applying glue.) Leave to dry - I suggest using plastic glue instead of superglue on bare plastic.
    Don't glue your weaponry in and you can swap them about between games (and remove them if the weapon's destroyed.) I put the multilaser power pack on the side - but that's up to you.
    To change them about - place a spot of blue tac in the hole on the sentinal, and swap in and out your weapons (after a while i found out clipping a little bit off the sides of the other weaponry "plugs" so some blue tac can squeeze out helps - you have to use less force to get them in, and they go in further)
    For the autocannon - you could convert the plastic cits but i always got the cadian boxed set which comes with one - just because the armoured compartments look cool. (they do need a bit of work to fit though)
    I Really, Really strongly reccomend painting the pilot and the interior first.
    Enjoy! And don't forget they can be a total pain in hand to hand - but probably won't win.
    Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; February 21st, 2008 at 09:48.

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

127 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Microcosm View Post
    or you might as well get one plastic lascannon from a cadian/catachan heavy weapon box an there you go.
    Yeah, there is that.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

141 (x3)

For friendly games only, you could count the mult-las as a lascannon. The two are so close in apparence on a table, most opponents wouldn't notice unless you pointed it out to them.

You could also take the multi-las and tweak it with green stuff to make it appear more like a lascannon.

+ Reply to Thread