Combine Armies? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combine Armies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be legal for me to have imperial guard tanks in my Blood Angels army? Because I'm thinking about adding a Basilik to my army if it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Nope, I'm afraid not.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dang that sucks. It would've been fun to have 5 basiliks giving cover fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well last year at conflict leeds i was able to use them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used a leman russ tank but that was only beacuase i have a custom army and in my fluf (which i can't be bothered typing onto this) it says that my primach helped design it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guard and space marines rarely work under the same command structure. When you look at the way they fight, it makes sense too. The best way to get Imperial guard tanks, and infantry to help out your space marines is play 2v2 games. I think its very apropriate and fluffy for there to be 2 commanders for a collective imperial army, rather than the guard being incorperated into space marines armies. Even on worlds that pay taxs (or tithes) to space marines as aposed to the Administratum, the Imperial guard fight their own battles, and only call on the space marines when they REALLY need it. Since the Imperial guard are buisy with their own worlds, the space marines tend to go off to war and cruisades without any guard or guardsmen tanks.

In short: you cannot take anything not on your army list without it being explicitly state in the rules. The reasons are for game balance and it fits the fluff perfectly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok that's cool. It was just outa curiosity because they are techniqly (spelling?) fighting for the same empire. Guess that cleared that question up. Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see the thing about the guard is that its so political with rival factions that at any time sm factions dont know weather to befrend or cleanse them alot of times pdfS planitary defence forces rebell aganst the imperium and the space marines have distanced themselves because of the overly political nature of the orginisation the space marines care only about the god emperor and there primarch which dosent bode well with imperial tacticians who in some instances try to get them declared excommunicate or hereticus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just like their tanks. That's all I was going to include in my "mixed" army if it was allowed, but since it's not then i can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There mgiht be some rule buried deep in the codexs, cuase i think you can stick inquisitors in armies, and then you can stick imperial gaurds with the inqiusitor, or im being delirous from all those cat treats.
    Back from a long adventure.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast