some information - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some information

Greetings all, Just wanted to say hi and ask a couple newb questions as i'm just starting to get into 40k here. I Recently bought a box set "battle for Macrage" as i would'v thought that this would've been a good introduction to this game and with out a doubt it is but i also kow that this is only the tip of a very large Iceberg sort of speak. So i dug even further and read a few posts on here, went out and bought a codex for the space marines as well as another box of tactical marines and a commander to start off my Core army. Now the 10 marines i got in the "Battle for Macrage" were pretty much pre-assembled came wit 7 bolters a flamer, rock launcher and a seargent with chain blade. So after some reaserch i figured a Commander with Storm bolter, LC, and Iron halo along with another 7 bolters plasma gun and Multi-melta gun would make up for my second unit with my other seargent having a powerfist and bolt pistol (opinions on this setup would appreciated) only problem is i don't know what these guns even look like... i mean does the multigun look the same as the regular melta gun or what? anyways ya suggestion on my list would be appreciated as well as some info maybe even pics of what these weapons look like would also be helpful. Many thanks to all and happy gaming =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden View Post
    Greetings all, Just wanted to say hi and ask a couple newb questions as i'm just starting to get into 40k here. I Recently bought a box set "battle for Macrage" as i would'v thought that this would've been a good introduction to this game and with out a doubt it is but i also kow that this is only the tip of a very large Iceberg sort of speak. So i dug even further and read a few posts on here, went out and bought a codex for the space marines as well as another box of tactical marines and a commander to start off my Core army. Now the 10 marines i got in the "Battle for Macrage" were pretty much pre-assembled came wit 7 bolters a flamer, rock launcher and a seargent with chain blade. So after some reaserch i figured a Commander with Storm bolter, LC, and Iron halo along with another 7 bolters plasma gun and Multi-melta gun would make up for my second unit with my other seargent having a powerfist and bolt pistol (opinions on this setup would appreciated) only problem is i don't know what these guns even look like... i mean does the multigun look the same as the regular melta gun or what? anyways ya suggestion on my list would be appreciated as well as some info maybe even pics of what these weapons look like would also be helpful. Many thanks to all and happy gaming =)

Eugh, for future reference, please paragraph your posts, it makes them easier to read, thus more likely to be responded to.

Anyway, the questions. The multimelta roughly looks like two meltaguns slapped together on top of each other. The plasma gun is the other gun in the box (the one without the tube on the end).

That setup isn't usually regarded as useful of your points. You could take that squad one of two ways, shooty rapid fire, or stationary fire.

Stationary fire usually turns to lascannons for weapons. The squad stays small and acts simply as living shields for the lascannon, whose greater strength and range is well worth the small price hike.

Moving Rapid fire would probably run a large squad, usually 8-10 men. They run around carting the Plasmagun and just chew things to pieces. You could add a Powerfist to your sergeant here, but it'd mostly be used on the defensive, as you can't rapid fire then follow up with a charge.

Take a look at some of the lists in the Space Marine forums to get some ideas for some competative lists. Pick some units that you like and try to write a list around those units. Put it up and we'll take a look at it.

Peace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

In pictures:

The Multi-melta

This one isn't a marine, but the plasma gun is the same ( I couldn't find a decent picture of marine with a plasma gun in a couple of minutes of searching)
    Plasma Gun:

Like Adrian said, it's best to lurk around here for a while to get an idea for which weapon combinations work and which don't work so well. There are plenty of army lists on here which use what are considered the most effective weapon choices for squads.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

+ Reply to Thread