plastic officers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

plastic officers

who thinks we should should have plastic HQ like ever other army?

For someone to deal as much damage as you did, the Emperor must surely be at your side. - MaxDv
    107th Regiment, 5th Armored Battle Group- 5500pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Monkey Pirate Greenbeard The Ex-pirate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All my officers are built from tank commander parts... or just regular guardsmen give a shiny hat or something simple. So no. The extra bits that come with all of our tanks is more than enough to build officers.
    Rheagar fought nobly
    Rheagar fought valiantly
    Rheagar fought honorably
    And Rheagar died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be nice, but in all reality few armies have plastic HQ's. Only SM, CSM, and Tau have them IIRC. Not even Orks, who have the newest codex, have them.
    "Dear Diary: Today I may of accidentally registered myself as a sex offender. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE!" - Dinosaur Comics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

i wouldint complain if we got one... but using random plastic bits from all of our boxed sets you can get some very neat looking models.

My favorite is using the head and torso from a tank set combined with the crouching legs from the heavy weapons set with the oil drum fron the tank on the base. This gives the officer a more realistic look of being in cover like a good comander should, not some fool that stands in the middile of the field sword held high with a 5+save
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Well im planning on playing a drop army. So that means im either not going to buy tanks or buy the battleforce and have to sell the tank sprues. Therefore i wont have the cool tank commander for conversion. What i would love to see is the command squad they all ready have, (the metal one that is really hard to do anything with), turned into plastic with instead of the models being solid have some arm swaping options. That would be pretty sweet. I mean i would never buy the ig command squad as is simply because i dont like the way the squad looks.

Who wants a dying guardsmen + a monacle wearing officer + a lone melta gun + a goofy looking medic (battlefied medics dont hook up iv drips, the job of a battlefield medic to to patch up a wound and stop it from getting worse so a medical officer can fix it later) and a huge cadian banner.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

The instant officer kit:

IG Vehicle Plastic Tank Crew Bits

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Deek View Post
    a monacle wearing officer
    HEY! I really like the monocle wearing chappie. I dont have one but he looks damn good.

Very aristocratic what?

I wouldnt say no to plastic officers though. But its not urgent, since we have everything but officers and special weapons in plastic as is. Oh, and stormtroopers, but that is already set to change.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

I've been waiting for a plastic officer since I started playing. I instead use a commissar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine why you'd take any equipment greater than a powersword on an officer, and the aristocratic one looks great! I guess its the player's choice to equip their officer with a refractor shield, a powerfist, a medal or two, a plasma pistol and the list goes on, but it just is a poor way to spend those points. I genuinely do like the model with the short haircut and the monocle-like bionic eye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I agree that tooled up IG commanders are not a good idea, I used to enjoy killing them with models that cost less in points. But now im an ig player and i dont like the look of that model. He just doesn't seem to me like what a front line commander, or drop troop commander in my case, would look like. He seems more to be the artilery regiment command. He is all proper in his dress uniform holding his sword in parade rest. Not an action inspring model.

He looks nice, just not what I'm looking for in a commander, just my opinion. But plastic command box would make it really easy to convert a commander. O well perhaps i have to beg my bro for some tank commanders from his ig army bitz.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast