Ogryns in a Grenadier Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ogryns in a Grenadier Force

So I'm still working on my grenadier army... hopefully will be putting the order in soon.

I was thinking to give the army some more flavor other then using Storm Troopers/Grenadiers all day long a unit of 6 Ogryns in a chimera might be a nice mix up and a surprise to my enemies.

I'm not worried about them taking up a Elite spot as ill have enough ST/Grenadiers to go around due to the troop choice...

So my question is... anyone played them in a grenadier or mechanized force before? how did they fair? I'm thinking if they are supported by a unit of ST they might do quite well....

for food for thought...

for a unit of 6 in a Chimera (smoke, EA) with a Bone'aed it will cost 253 pts.

for a unit of 10 ST (2xplasma) in a chimera (smoke EA), vet serg with PW cost 221

PS: i don't wont be using VETS in my army at all as they dont fit the theme of my army.

PSS. i would use RR but i really dislike the models and dont have time to convert any new ones...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not, with their ripper guns and chimera support they would be a great mobile anti-infantry force. They could take on large groups of lesser enemy troopers as the ST use their plasma against elites and tanks. Crimson ribbon to the bonehead might be useful.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann Morr View Post
    Why not, with their ripper guns and chimera support they would be a great mobile anti-infantry force. They could take on large groups of lesser enemy troopers as the ST use their plasma against elites and tanks. Crimson ribbon to the bonehead might be useful.
    Great idea, but i disagree on the ribbon - that should go elsewhere (You're reducing your toughness and STR)
    I use a unit of 5 and Comissar (and you could use a priest I guess. Or, to be silly a psyker with ribbon and force weapon. (what's the wargear allowance again? They're part of the squad, thus untargetable, right?)
    My 6th ogryn turned into Nokk Dekdog, (see GW special characters on website)

The most important trick with the chimera rush is you move 12", pop smoke, then next turn you can: CHARGE OUT OF STATIONARY VEHICLES - absolutely everyone forgets that. Pivoting on the spot does not count as moving. Get extra armour in case you don't go 1st

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stayscrunchyinmilk i believe your mixing up the Honorifca and the crimson wargear....

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by hardcastle View Post
    Stayscrunchyinmilk i believe your mixing up the Honorifca and the crimson wargear....
    That i did - But is a crimson medallion really worth it at that T?

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

I'd say it was worth it, the ogryn toughness is only the same as a marine so instakill can come from loads of places (I say loads maybe a few less than loads lol) like powerfists wielded by marines which for a combat squad is kinda frequent.

That said you do realise you can get a basic russ and a hellhound for near enough the price you say. Also that that squad will be more expensive than my average platoon price....

If that isn't a worry then go for it they can really help out. I had a friend who played a very up close grenadier army. He used to assault nids all the time (absolute nutter) though he did use priests and we frequently won! wanders off talking to self about the glorious mech forces that once graced the tables of GW Reading....

hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i decided to just go out and buy some and try them on the field... lets hope my money wasnt wasted!

+ Reply to Thread