Help vs Nidzilla - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help vs Nidzilla

In my league game this week I will be facing Nidzilla. Im not sure what to expect, I know he is using shooty fexes and tyrants and has genestealers for troops choices.

points cost is 1500 and lists are fixed.

Im using Grandmaster, 2x 5man Grey Knight squads w/2xPsycannons, 2x 20man Sister of Battle squads as allies, 3x GK Dred w/TL LC and CCW.

From what Ive heard his shooting isnt really scary until 18inches, If thats so mine is scary at 24" so Im hoping to shoot the crap out of him, ie divine guidance with rapid fire bolters and charge with the GK.

PS hes a new player and decided that paying for 2+ save for his fexes was a waste of points so 3+ saves on all 6 of em.

Any ideas on tactics/what to expect?

Thanks
    -Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

In my experience, although somewhat limited vs Nidzilla, he will advance his Carnifex's and Tyrants keeping his Genestealers behind them. That way you cannot target them as monstrous creatures block LOS.

Twin linked devourers are dangerous at close range as they get re-rolled failed to hit and wound. Be careful about Carnifex's armed with a barbed strangler and a venom cannon. Both are instant death to Grey Knights and the strangler is a blast weapon.

So, concentrate all your heavy fire power on bringing down the big things and just hope you do some damage before they advance close enough to 'release' the Genestealers (remember they are unscathed) into your lines on the charge.

If you can, make sure you are in cover when the Genestealers charge so at least you will get your attacks back.

The last thing that I've heard is really deadly is Force Weapons. Potentially you can wield 5 (one on the GM and 4 on Inquisitors + Lord). It is very expensive points wise, but the 'instantly lose all wounds' bit is lethal when your opponent his so many multi wound models. A recent Nidzilla opponent said multiple force weapons wiped out all his creatures with ease.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

luckily my opponent is not very skilled just a newer player who's trying to powergame but isnt good at it lol. he doesnt even pay fro 2+ sv...in past games at 100 points he did not hide his stealers at all he actually used them to lead the way and generally didnt move his fexes except to get range.

as far as unit options my list is fixed as it is a legaue and i cannot change it, so its a take all comers list that i have to work with here. if i can get my GK's and GM and Dreds in CC i think ill be alright with S6 PW and higer I than the fexes

Thanks

-Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Give your Dreads ML also... they will drill his Big Bugs and then hold the line with your men and woman... GK's sit and shoot, move forward shoot, move back shoot, shoot, prepare for charge (if anything left) .

Use your dreads as one, taking out bug at a time... Sort out who is the biggest threat and take it out first... Winged Hive Tyrant? Kill it first, then how long will it take for the next big C/C Fex to get to you, 3 turns? Then Kill the Shooty one... 2 turns? Then Kill the C/c one...

Reality is that shooty bugs don't really do much, as scary as they look.

Dont charge with your grey knights... Unless he is 6"s away and your at the back of the board, I would always move back and shoot... just think that going to him means that your getting closer to everyone behind them.

If you can take out unit after unit, concentrating your fire.

Rhinos are good against them, for charging up and slowing them down (make them go around) and if they destroy them, hopefully they kill some of their own dudes.

Biggest thing is that you don't want to be in close combat with them unless you have to... If your combat then you can't shoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I've Played Nidzilla a lot, and it is a really hard army to beat, especially if Genestealers are the troops choice.

I've had the best success with two Grandmasters and two squads of 10 Grey Knights in two Landraider Crusaders. The Grandmasters assault the Monstrous Creatures and the PAGKs shoot and then assault the Genestealers. I find the best way to deal with a shooty big bug list is to get into CC as quick as possible.

With your list I would prefer to have AC/CCW versions of the Dreads. It would save points for some more PAGKs. Keep your sisters in front of the PAGKs and do like you said, move them to rapid fire distance and use DG on the big bugs. Hopefully you can take out one big bug per round of shooting per squad this way.

Cheers and good luck, DH
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant change the list so TL/LC dreds is waht i got. luckily i kept the CCW so i still have s10 attacks that ignore armor. I have a feeling this guy will send his stealers out in front cuz hes not a very good player so they should be shot to pieces and GM should be able to handle the HT's which leaves GK's and Dred's for the Fexes.

Thanks

-Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer View Post
    I've had the best success with two Grandmasters and two squads of 10 Grey Knights in two Landraider Crusaders.
    Just a quick note -- Grey Knight Heroes are a 0-1 choice, are they not?

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

Quite right Hasten, Grandmasters are a 0-1 choice (as are the Grey Knight HQ Heros).

+ Reply to Thread