I Need Help! A Nameless chapter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Need Help! A Nameless chapter

I have created my own chapter, and have been playing with it for quite some time Nameless, so i really need help in nameing it because after a few weeks using them they still remain Nameless.
    My army list is here if that helps http://http://www.librarium-online.c...y-list.htmlolt

My Marines are painted mainly dark green, with a olive green belt, brown rims on the shoulder pads and bolt gun metal guns.
    My basic idea is that there home world is a jungle planet around catachen, perhaps a lost planet that they had to recapture.

Thanks for looking.8Y

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

There are alot of chapter-name lists online. I think there might even be one here. I can't think of any links at the moment, but i know you can always find some with a search engine.

The easiest way to name a chapter is to pick an Adjective and a Noun. "Dark + Angels" "Black + Templar" "Imperial + Fists" etc.

The noun can be anything. 'Angels' is common, and so are animals or mythological creatures.
    Pick something that has to do with their planet. If they're from a jungle try to think of something dangerous or mean from the jungle: Tigers, Panthers, Lions, Snakes, etc.
    Or you can pick a facet of their fighting style. If they are fefensive 'Shields' 'Thorns' or something like that. If they are fast attack 'Hawks' or 'Raptors' etc.

Same goes for the adjective, it's like a badge that they got in addition to their name. It could be a color- this is common. In your case it would probaby be "green" or "jade" or "emerald" or something... green. But it could also be part of your chapter's fighting style or history or idealogy.

For an example, here's how I got my chapter's name:
    the 'Iron Dragons'

Dragons- they live on a planet with a largely reptillian ecology dominated by beasts about the size of a horse, called drakes. the local tribal religion worships dragon dieties and much of the planet's cultural heritage deals with this.

Iron- my warriors are somber and unmoving, wearing black armor. This is the most likely source of their "iron" name, however, they are also famed for their tenacity and willingness to fight until they have achieved victory or have been completely depleted.

Perhaps this can guide you down a path towards a name you like. People can suggest names all day, but it feels better when it's something you came up with on your own.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkenbrand the Solid View Post
    I have created my own chapter, and have been playing with it for quite some time Nameless, so i really need help in nameing it because after a few weeks using them they still remain Nameless.
    I hate tryin to come up with names

[QUOTE=Erkenbrand the Solid;1118223]My army list is here if that helps http://http://www.librarium-online.c...y-list.htmlolt
    Kinda. Question did you actually give any of your squads TYBB?

Quote Originally Posted by Erkenbrand the Solid View Post
    My Marines are painted mainly dark green, with a olive green belt, brown rims on the shoulder pads and bolt gun metal guns. My basic idea is that there home world is a jungle planet around catachen, perhaps a lost planet that they had to recapture. Thanks for looking.8Y
    Names:
    -> Dark Phantoms
    -> Phantom Marines
    -> The Shroud
    -> Silent Shroud
    -> Phantoms of Catachan
    -> Night Angels
    -> Phantom Angels
    -> Shrouded Angels
    -> Silent Phantoms
    I was kinda going for the whole infiltrate idea you had, along with the dark color scheme;Y
    JOIN MY SQUAD IN THE SONS OF THE LIBRARIUM THREAD, I NEED TACTICAL MARINES! I PLAN TO CONVERT UP A SQUAD TO "COUNT AS" LoTD IN MY SMarine ARMY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you dont mind having a bit of a laugh you should try the chapter name generator from Bolter and Chainsword.

>here<

If you spend long enough sifting through the stupid ones there are some realistic names it comes up with.

also i thought maybe:
    Death Shadows
    Foe Stalkers

or even Widow Makers.

hmm... names are a difficult choice though.
    Total 40k: >5000pts
    total WFB: ~2000pts
    I also enjoy good music, fine food, late night strolls on the beach and dancing in moonkin form :)

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Whats wrong with 'Nameless' or 'The Nameless'?

Some kind of lost chapter?

Meh. Try and draw inspiration from sources around you - things you like, grand things in history, or pick a first founding chapter they might be decended from and build on that. Ie: the Dark Angels are all about a never ending seach for redemption, hence their successor chapters are all like: Angels of Redemption, the Consecrators, or drawing on their history, Disciples of Caliban (their home world, which was destroyed).

Perhaps this can guide you down a path towards a name you like. People can suggest names all day, but it feels better when it's something you came up with on your own.
    CaptainSarathai is completely correct here.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

With the B&C Chapter Name Generator I came up with this...

Dancing Company

Nice name if you think of it... :rofl
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thanks for all your replys, i have a few Name to go over now. I'll post if i decide on a name.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

hehe, Malevolent Marauders... alliteration FTW. thankyou name-generator.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, well taking a few of your ideas how about the

Shrouded Panthers.

What do you all think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

hi erk

Umm i like the name, not in the same league as my name Ice Dragons (joke) but cool name anyway
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast