Droptroops - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Droptroops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Droptroops

I'm going to play versus the eldar in 2k game and I know for a fact that I'm going to have to deal with hawks and scorpions in a serpent.

Now, my biggest problem is the hawks since I like to field many tanks (I was thinking on field 2 russes, 1 basis and 2 hellhounds) and it's very likely they'll come in by deepstriking. So what I figured is I'd take the droptroops and have my tanks start in the reserve. I'd also let my opponent start with barely anything to shoot at exept for well covered ratlings and maybe some vets. second turn passes. I expect the hawks to arrive by then but with no tanks in sight. My second turn comes and with tanks being all fitted with improved comms, I'll be able to deploy my tanks in strategic locations and deepstike troops and stormies with meltaguns to take out those annoyng falcons and vibro-cannons.

So, what do you think? Anything missing? Suggestions maybe?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

you shouldnt even need to keep tanks in reserve, hawks can not charge the turn they land, whatever drop troops you get arriving the turn after the hawks, you just pop them in rapid fire range between the hawks and yoru tanks and blat away merrily
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread