Deathwatch Librarian Color issues - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Deathwatch Librarian Color issues

I'm thinking of building a Deathwatch kill-team to add to my existing Ultramarines force. However, I was thinking of upgrading the vet to a Librarian

I do know that DW has black armor/silver arm/original chapter colors on the right pad.

Does this go for a Librarian as well? Black Librarian with a silver arm & Chapter colors & Symbol on the right side?

Now I have read somewhere that they might even bear the chapter insignia on their kneepad, which would, modelling wise, suite better (as I don't feel like removing a lot of the metal shoulderpad). I take it that the shoulderpad would still bear the original colors? Or does that adhere to the Librarian original armor colors? And therefore kneepad eventually ends up with original colors?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

As a specialized unit attached to the ordo xenos, I believe the Deathwatch is allowed some leeway when it comes to specific codex requirements for units (IE: The blue armor and yellow tabard demanded of codex librarians by Roboute "I can think of more rules then you!" Gulleman), additionally, the DW is comprised of elements of all of the various chapters, and some take a hard and fast approach to livery.

As long as he's wearing the insignia of the Deathwatch, and has an element of the original color scheme and insignia somewhere on his armor, I believe its kosher.

A cool model forgives all fluff.

+ Reply to Thread