vs. Ork - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: vs. Ork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vs. Ork

Was in a 1k game vs. Orks. The game was set on 6x4 (deploying on long sides). There was a grand total of 24" between the two deployment zones. Turn 1 he was already in and assaulting thanks to his trukks.

Any advice vs. Orks? For the most part, I just exploded. I knocked out 3 of 5 trukks but with ramshackle, that did nothing and he can assault from them regardless. Bad rolls and very little distance I chalk this up to but I'm sure you guys have some decent advice.

Many autocannons and flamers looks good on paper but in the end, he is assaulting in turn 1 and you cant really bring out the hurt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Haitte View Post
    Was in a 1k game vs. Orks. The game was set on 6x4 (deploying on long sides). There was a grand total of 24" between the two deployment zones. Turn 1 he was already in and assaulting thanks to his trukks.

Any advice vs. Orks? For the most part, I just exploded. I knocked out 3 of 5 trukks but with ramshackle, that did nothing and he can assault from them regardless. Bad rolls and very little distance I chalk this up to but I'm sure you guys have some decent advice.

Many autocannons and flamers looks good on paper but in the end, he is assaulting in turn 1 and you cant really bring out the hurt.
    Hellhounds, and Tank shock those bikes! Take out the niggly little bits so he-s only got 2-3 (albeit massive) mobs and concentrate on one, and one only!
    P.s. dang those wartrukks can spew out firepower! be surprised! BS 2 with many, many twin linked shots does work - and they've got high str!
    P.s. their poor save does show up with massed fire - Heavy bolter/autocannons are good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea those trukks are wrecking me. Basically he just rams them all at me and even if I do shut them down, the boys all spill out and assault. I mean really the only thing that can stop those trukks are the ordinance annihilation hit to kill everyone inside but thats a rare hit.

The hellhound was working well until it got surrounded. 6pt boys with 3 base attacks (4 on charge) is amazingly funny for some reason.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

[quote=Haitte;1122245]Yea those trukks are wrecking me. Basically he just rams them all at me and even if I do shut them down, the boys all spill out and assault. I mean really the only thing that can stop those trukks are the ordinance annihilation hit to kill everyone inside but thats a rare hit.
    [quote]

On the plus side every template on the darned things counts as two hits - so you double your chances (See open topped to check. books not with me at present)

Let's take for example a humble mortar. That's two hits - is it a 6 to penetrate? Then two of the glancing results are destroyed (Or as good as for your needs i.e. immobalised) - That's over 1 in 10 odds of getting rid of the things with a humble mortar hit.
    Even if not destroyed (although i do admit i'm not sure on the blasted things special rules - they may have extra armour special somethings) only one of those results will result in it still moving - and if it loses more weapons than it has it's still destroyed.
    Now i need to go away and check on the strength of mortar hits that clip a vehicle (I know ordenance are halved if it's not under the center, but i should check re small templates - and also is it cityfight for top armour = rear armour? Irrelevant here.)

Or start playing Nids. Waagh that then.

P.S. A penetrating hit - whatever the result causes his boys to get out immediately.

Or, just get Hellhounds and basalisks/Leman russes with Heavy bolters depending on how well spaced his men are.
    Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; March 18th, 2008 at 14:15. Reason: added p.s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea on a 6x4 if I dont have half the trukks taken out by 2nd turn, im boned. Today's game we have IG/Black Templars vs. Ork/Chaos. Ive loaded up on 2 russes, hellhound, etc so we shall see. Ive gone heavy with templates so hopefully we see a change. The previous game I completely got slaughtered so Ive got the fingers crossed on this one.

+ Reply to Thread