Different chapter colours? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Burnley, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x3)

Different chapter colours?

Is there an instance where a certain chapter will deploy wearing a different colour scheme?
    The lexicanum page on the Red Scorpions got me thinking about it.
    They are shown as wearing black armour with yellow trim, like a twilight blue armour with mustard trim, a charcoal grey armour and a black and red kind of camoflague scheme.
    What are the red scorpions actual colours?

Also, is it acceptable for a chapter to wear a camoflague scheme rather than their standard uniform, or is there other such reasons for changing their armour?

This probably belongs in the fluff but for some reason I get 'page cannot be displayed' in that section.

I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

2. Remove Advertisements

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

301 (x7)

This is the very reason the drawback trait "have pride in your colours" exists - the Codex Astartes makes provisions for the occasional stealthy operation, however some chapters refuse to ever hide their colours.

So yeah, I dont see why not - so long as it is still obvious that the marines still belong to a certain chapter, you should still be able to do cameoflage colour schemes. I've seen similar in White Dwarf before (I think it was a dark angel army), although we all know how worthless White Dwarf is as a reference.

In fact, I'll be painting my Imperial Fists scouts mostly black and grey digital camo, with only a couple of hints that they might wear lots of yellow at other times.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

+ Reply to Thread