Dark Angels question. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Angels question.

I was looking into the Dark Angels codex and was looking at using an Interrogator-Chaplain, and was a bit confused as to which model to use for him.

There's a "Space Marine Terminator Chaplain" and then a regular "Chaplain" model available. The question arises from the fact that Interrogator Chaplains are members of the Deathwing (according to my codex) and it also mentions that all Deathwing infantry are Terminators.

So I'm curious if this would mean that my Interrogator-Chaplain is essentially in Terminator armor (and thus would use the Space Marine Terminator Chaplain model) or if the Deathwing thing was simply misleading and that he'd be in just standard Chaplain regalia?

I'm brand new to 40k tabletop, so please forgive my ignorance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Deathwing don't have Chaplains like the other Companies :s

I think they are part of the Inner Circle and thats it. a Chaplain is assigned to a Company then when he reaches Interrogator level, he gets inducted to the Inner Circle and stays there and gets attached/assigned to Compaines and Task Forces etc. So it is plausible in my mind, that you could represent an Interrogator Chaplain in Power Armour by using a normal model if that is what you are after?

Hope this helps a bit, better confirm it in detail with a Fluff Master

Shaabhekh :happy:
    In the name of the Emperor and for the Glory of the Imperium... Gimme Back My Girlfriend! :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll notice on p.15 of the Codex: Dark Angels (the Chapter Organization chart) that each company other than the Deathwing has its own Chaplain. Interrogator-Chaplains have risen above this rank and have been inducted into the Inner Circle within the Deathwing.

Interrogator-Chaplains do not, however, explicitly have to take Terminator Armour (see the army list entry on p.80). Conversely, regular company Chaplains cannot take Terminator Armour. Looking at the special Dark Angels characters (like Azrael and Ezekiel), not all members of the Inner Circle necessarily use Terminator Armour.

You're welcome to use either a Power Armoured Chaplain model or the Terminator Armoured model to represent your Interrogator-Chaplain. You can even use the model with the Jump Pack, an option I previously thought only standard Chaplains could take. His role in your army and the composition of the rest of your force will likely make this decision for you, depending on the type of squad he's accompanying.

Hope this helps. And welcome to the Grim Darkness of the Far Future.
    Last edited by swordsworn; March 19th, 2008 at 08:54. Reason: Clarity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turns out part of my confusion stems from my using an old Codex: Dark Angels, which darkreever had helped me figure out.

I was a little tripped up by the fact that the codex had said that the Deathwing only employs Terminators and then stated that Interrogator-Chaplains were members of the Deathwing, hence why I was confused if they were in Power or Terminator armor by default.

+ Reply to Thread