What should i get next? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What should i get next?

Hey everyone me and my mates have recently gotten back into war hammer 40k the armies i will be facing will be Nid's,Tau,CSM and Orcs.

the miniatures i have now are:

-1 hq squad
    -2 commissars
    -60 IG troops
    -4 heavy weapons teams
    -10 storm troopers
    -1 basilisk
    -and 1 Leman Russ

i want to build to a 2000 point army list what do you guys think i should get next. Thanks in advance 8Y

Last edited by Sir Leon; March 19th, 2008 at 11:36.
    Fear not. The Emperor will provide.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Leon View Post
    Hey everyone me and my mates have recently gotten back into war hammer 40k the armies i will be facing will be Nid's,Tau,CSM and Orcs.

the miniatures i have now are:

-1 hq squad
    -2 commissars
    -60 IG troops
    -4 heavy weapons teams
    -10 storm troopers
    -1 basilisk
    -and 1 Leman Russ

i want to build to a 2000 point army list what do you guys think i should get next. Thanks in advance
    Basilisks work best in pairs, however there's the same problem with just 1x leman russ - it wants a partener.
    How much is money/assembly time a problem? i'd go for the cadian box and a hellhound (Yes! even more men and tanks) and being me a cadian f/world upgrade pack (respirators/non respirators, up to you) for the hardened vets/command squad detail)

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

1 hq squad
    How is this equipped?

-2 commissars
    How are they equipped?
    -60 IG troops
    with what weapons?
    -4 heavy weapons teams
    with what weapons?
    -10 storm troopers
    how are they equipped
    -1 basilisk
    -and 1 Leman Russ
    how is it set up?

You may have detected a theme. It is the differences in weapons and equipment that are the important part. The is especially rue with the main body of men, how many sarges how many special wepaons and what are those heavy weapons?

To amke a basic list you need some basic concept of what you can build. for example you could create. A main command two 25 man platoons and have 18 men left over so another squad and some hardened vets.

Effectively there you have (including the command and stormies) around 10 squads to equip. So they are going ot need more weapons.
    So first off buy some heavy weapons boxes, two should do it. Then kit out your infantry.
    Next you need a way for the stormies to get into battle so either decide to drop them in (these guys also need some decent weapons) or buy a transport. Different methods and different setups.
    The russ will be taken out on its own so needs a partner or at least some other armour on the field to draw fire so consider that aswwell.

Essentially we need a lot more info especially about the weapons. Write up a 2000 point list and then post it in the lists forum. It doesnt matter how bad it is as we can help you make it better. So list first and then suggestions of what to buy can be made more pointedly. However I will say get some heavy wepaons for those infantry!

Hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

money/assembly time is not really a problem i just want to get as much bang for my buck.As for the cadian box and a hellhound sounds like a really good idea to me.

As for forge world i think there like filled up on orders or something and i cant that wait that long because i am a really inpatient person lol

the guys i have now are equipped i haven't made a Points list as of yet but ill start one now and posted back onto the list thread and see what you guys think of it

ps -
    -i got one heavy bolter's 1 auto cannon 2 lascannons (heavy teams)

-my russ as a battle caonnon 2 bolters and 1 las cannon

-my storm troopers have 1 flamer and a grenade luncher

-my troops i made sure i made into 10 man squads 1 sarge 1 flamer 1 grenade luncher and vox com guy

-both commissars have a power fist and a power sword

-this is what are actually on the models ill make a list tho and posted asap

thanks ! again
    Fear not. The Emperor will provide.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

That actually helps a fair amount.

Right firstly flamers aren't great and you are only allowed one special weapon in each squad.
    Also the weapons the stormies come with are pretty rubbish the flamer is one of their worst options so get them some plasma or meltas I'd say plasma so here is a rough idea for a list wiht the models you have.

HQ:
    not sure on the command as you dont have weapons stated but a
    JO with HI and power sword aswell as iron discipline. A standard and a mortar in the squad shodl work well. put a commisar with a powersword in here. dont give him a powerfist.

Elite:
    The stormies in here. As said go for plasa or meltas and then into two small squads and drop them in or get a chimera for a ten man squad.

Troops,
    Right here is the tricky bit but....

Platoon 1
    command: JOwith power sword, with three flamers in squad, commisar with powerfist
    Sqd 1: heavy bolter grenade launcher vox
    Sqd 2: lascannon and vox

Platoon 2:
    command: JO with three flamers in squad
    Sqd 1: Autocannon and grenade launcher vox
    Sqd 2: lascannon and vox

This leaves twelve men 2 voxes and four grenade launchers. now I've had to use sarges for the platoon commanders but you may want to get some deicated models.
    To use up some more men you could get a remnants squad for each platoon with of 6 men with a vox and grenade launcher each then you would have 4 men and 2 grenade launchers left. perhaps a vet squad with them?

Heavy support
    Russ with setup that you have and extra armour.

Ive tried to use most of your models it isn't an ideal setup but it'll get you a few games till you are sorted with what you want to get. Ideally the flamers should be reduced in the whole army but that is for when you post a list!

Hope that helps

A

+ Reply to Thread