Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Let me first say that I love robots and I’m a conversion fanatic so after my first successfully converted guard army, I wanted to start work on a new army called the Zanatorian Machine Cult: a renegade Adeptus Mechanicus cult that uses AI and other forbidden tech around this fluff I would field an army of robotic killing machines.
I was set on using a Necron army list and was happy with some of the mock miniatures shown here: http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/modelling/114325-ideas-converting-renegade-mechanicus-robot-army.html
But now due to GW discontinuing all of its individual metal components I’m back to square one and am now considering an army of massive mechanical robots inspired by X-men Sentinels & the ‘Titan’ graphic novels.
But the scale I’m thinking of requires something bigger, more resilient and armed than a dreadnought or defiler and the largest tank I can get is the Land Raider.
My idea is to convert a Defiler into a walking robot like the one pictured on the left, of course the defiler kit will be the skeleton and the base of the conversion and I will build up from that using plastic card and anime Mech model components plus arm the ‘Leviathan’ with the same weaponry as the Land Raider variant it represents.
This will be a greater challenge than my previous project so I’m seeking as much feedback as possible on some of the following questions before I dive into this ‘Leviathan’ project…
1. Would such a conversion effect the gameplay, because of its all round 14 armour I assume the lack of indication to the vehicle’s side and rear armour wouldn’t be a problem, the side sponsons would be mounted on the arms and hopefully a ordnance template for a base should survice for the vehicle’s original width and length?
2. Do you believe that using 3 (or 5 if I use the Deamonhunter list) Land Raiders/Crusaders in a 1500pt army would be suicidal, effective or cheesy if I made killing anything that threatened 14 armour first?
3. How would you react to facing such an army and what are your thoughts on this idea?
first off you are amazing now for your questions
1. i do not think that it will affect gameplay unless you are doing a strict tournament but if your playing casual it will be fine
2. i think it will very very very very cheesy but it would be effective.
3. if i saw this army i would poop my pants to tell you the truth
1: Might, since LR can transport troops. You have to clearly mark where the exits for the carried troops are. I guess the arms would be fixed then, otherwise the arc of fire for the arm-mounted sponsons would be larger than the LR-sponson which could make people cry "cheese!"
2: I would'nt find that a very fun list to play as it would feel very min/maxed but if it's allowed by the FOC I guess no one can really complain.
3: Visual and convertion wise I would be awed and think it was supercool. Game wise it would be less inspiring since it's like fielding a Nidzilla-list which is very competitive but not really so fun to play against. I prefer to play against more varied lists.