Question about BA free codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about BA free codex

So I'm working on a 2000pt Raven Guard army that I plan on being as fluffy and fast moving as possible. I've been putting a strong emphasis on jump pack troops but ran into a problem. At first I thought veterans by taking terminator honours could have access to the armoury which would mean I could buy some jump packs and have some fast moving vets (and very nice looking since I plan on using the veteran models for it). After reading again, I found out it doesn't work like that. I really liked the idea of having vet jump troops but there's no way I know of to do that. So I've been thinking of rewriting the list using the BA codex. So my question is, can I use the Raven Guard traits with a BA codex army? Would I be allowed to use Shrike with a BA codex army? Oh, I was also planning on having my vet squad carry the army standard. So if there's anyway of keeping that in that would be preferable.

I figure my options are:
    Find some way to have a command/special/veteran squad that can have jump packs and make a good visual/powerful centerpiece.
    Use the BA codex with Raven Guard paint/traits (with or without shrike).
    Wait on GW to produce a newer codex that goes along with the newer BA way of doing things and hope.
    Have some really nice looking models in a standard assault squad but not as veterans.

Last edited by Altimit01; March 22nd, 2008 at 21:49.
    They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my SPESS MAHREENS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Using RG's traits, just give an Assault Squad Furious Charge. I don't agree with using the BA codex in any way to represent RG, as RG aren't just Assault Marines - RG are (in this order): Assault Marines, Scouts, Drop Pods. You also can't use SM traits if you use the BA codex. I'd say just model up a Furious Charge squad and leave it at that.

As for using Shrike in a BA army, completely unallowed. It specifically states that he must be used in a Raven Guard army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roger that. I realize that they aren't all about assault squads. Just thought it'd be nice to have some vet squads that also have jump packs. Looks like I'll be rewriting the list again to be more in line with the codex. Thanks.
    They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my SPESS MAHREENS!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Altimit01 View Post
    Roger that. I realize that they aren't all about assault squads. Just thought it'd be nice to have some vet squads that also have jump packs. Looks like I'll be rewriting the list again to be more in line with the codex. Thanks.
    If you really want a stand-out Assault Squad, use Shrike's Wing. It's not recommended, though, as they die just as easily as regular Marines and cost so, so much more.

+ Reply to Thread