Standin Models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Standin Models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standin Models

Hiya peeps!

I was Just wondering about how people feel about stand'in models. I don't mean when your oppoenant say's 'oh, and by the way, my SM commander only counts as a normal Termie for this game'. The reason i am asking is because i have some self converted roughriders that i want to use. They consist of:

- Normal cadian torsos (head, legs, body, left arm, right chainsword arm with no weapon)
    - Chainsword replaced with hunting lancce made of wire and a green stuff blob on the end.
    - No horses. Elysian jump packs instead.

Is it okay to use stand'ins in normal games? Would you feel better if i gave rational excuses for the models?
    I find the concept of horses in 40K hard to rationalise. The jump packs offer the speed and fleet and the hunting lances are just some C4 on a stick. Do any of you use stand'ins reguarly?

Wow, i write a lot.
    Thanks for your opinion.

*Edit* In reply to crispin, my RRs are on normal infantry bases.

Last edited by Jakey07; March 23rd, 2008 at 12:25.
    Proud commander of the Calamarian 81st
    'Hmmm..., I don't seem to have enough guns'

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt have a problem with you useing that in a game, however other might.
    overall though you should be fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Personally I wouldn't have a problem. You have given a valid reason for why you use them, and so long as you give them the same stats as a normal rough rider, I wouldn't have a problem. My beef is when people create units and give them over the top stats, but using normal stats with different models would be fine with me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

Personally again, I would have no problems at all with your use of these rough riders, especially seeing as you have justified them fluff wise. Sound pretty cool to me really.

One issue you may have however, is the base sizes. Rough riders would be mounted on bike bases, or large circular as compared to normal infantry bases, this affects the numbers of men in contact and such, and while not really an issue, in my experience, someone will point it out eventually, so be prepared mate.
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

+ Reply to Thread