If a psycher has no psychic power, if he a psycher? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

If a psycher has no psychic power, if he a psycher?

Probably a quick yes/no question, possibly a debate. If my Inquisitor Lord has no psychic powers, does he still count as a psycher, implying all the disadvantages (like all the weapons and abilities that hate on psychers)?

Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

No King Rules Forever Dawnrunner's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x1)

There's a paragraph in the Witchhunters codex that says "the term 'psyker' refers to any unit or model counted as a psyker in its own Codex, or that has any power or ability that requires a Psychic test, even if such a test is normally passed automatically." So yes, unfortunately, I would say that even an Inquisitor Lord without any psychic powers would still be counted as a Psyker because of the entry in his special rules listing.
    The Emperor set a fire in their hearts that they might burn the iniquitous and the impure from his sight. And the light of that flame shall be as a beacon to the faithful, a light that shines in the darkest places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x4)

Yeah that kinda sucks if you want a Puritan Inquisitor.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I don't recall if the Rule-Set makes a precise and final definition of what a psycher is.
    I think it fails to make a clear distinction between "capability to have" and "possession of" psy-powers.

Unless you can produce a conclusive sentence, I think you have to do a case-by-case read of the rule you are attempting to apply. Some rules may state, "psychers", while other rules may refer to "models with psychic powers".
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

+ Reply to Thread